Default The current position with ammunition collectors permits

NAACCSA advises as follows:

The problem with the Ammunition collectors permit is that its exact format was not defined in the Act or Regulations

Given that the types and amounts of ammunition in a collection may change in the course of any 12 month period , it was agreed that it would be impractical to be submitting revised lists to CFR every time a collector added or removed a cartridge from his/her collection , so a different mechanism which would withstand legal scrutiny had to be found .

Eventually the framework agreed on was that the list of cartridges would be maintained and managed between the member and the his/her association , and that a printed permit together with a card similar to a licence card would be concurrently issued which the member could carry around for road block purposes etc .

The printed permit would specify any types of ammunition over 200 rounds , and the card would certify the holder was an approved ammunition collector . If challenged , the card would suffice for the day , but the member could be required to produce his/her approved current list at his/her DFO within 14 days of the inspection , but would not be required to carry the list around with them

Some cards were issued , but these were hand printed as the ‘system’ didn’t make allowance for them .

With the introduction of CFR compliance , they felt a more sustainable solution had to be found , and this has now been under discussion for over two years which was not helped by the changes in CFR management and the shifting around of the persons concerned .

However with Gen Bothma’s appointment he has taken the matter in hand and it now a standing item on the NAACCSA liaison meeting agenda , and we seem to be making some progress, although a date for the system changes and issue of ‘new’ cards has still not been advised ,
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Default Re: The current position with ammunition collectors permits

Once again, thank you for the update, WZ.

I only saw this new thread after viewing your reply in my thread regarding this issue, so my apologies for asking the question about the permit in that thread. Perhaps this is a better thread to elaborate on aspects of the permit in the future.

Also, many thanks to all involved in working towards solving this matter.

Many thanks for the update I will hold on to my application until such time as our collectors association receives the go ahead as it will probably just sit at CFR

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Dave View Post
    Many thanks for the update I will hold on to my application until such time as our collectors association receives the go ahead as it will probably just sit at CFR
    I sincerely hope this will be sorted out soon. It might be best to hold on to your application for the time being - there is almost not even a trace of mine at CFR...

User

It is going to snow here in SA... Applied in 2015, finally got it in my hands in 2018:

Hi.

Ive tried contacting tue PAAA collectors association for a long time, but its a dead end.

Im interested in becoming an ammunition collector, what is the latest with regards to it, who/which organisation can I approach?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mahomedy13 View Post
    Hi.

Ive tried contacting tue PAAA collectors association for a long time, but its a dead end.

Im interested in becoming an ammunition collector, what is the latest with regards to it, who/which organisation can I approach?

Thanks

Where are you based?

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    Where are you based?
    Currently Pretoria.

But move between gauteng and kzn

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mahomedy13 View Post
    Currently Pretoria.

But move between gauteng and kzn

In that case, this probably doesn't help you much but Cape SAAACA can help with getting registered as an ammunition collector. PM me your cellphone number and I'll try find someone in Gauteng to help you.