Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Quote Originally Posted by jason75 View Post
    What about niko stirling 6-24×50 LR for target shooting long range and occasional hunting in .270 and .308 rifles?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    The fov is very small, also the scope only have 20 MOA elevation.
    If you want to buy the NS....rather stick to the 4-16 LR. It has 10 MOA more elevation , cheaper and most imporatantly have a wider fov.

Default Re: Affordable hunting scopes

24x is overkill for any reasonable requirement in SA. Field of view is too narrow. Exit pupil at 24X is only 2 even with 50mm objective. 50mm Objective is too big. Aside from being cumbersome you might find yourself unable to get a decent cheek weld because the scope is so far above the barrel because of the huge objective. It can also cause mounting headaches. You will be better served by 3-9x40. I'd argue that fixed power is even better, say 6x40 if you can find one, because durability in the field is more important than anything, and most scope problems/failures are related to the variable feature. But I have an absolutist view of such things. Forget 30mm tubes - there is no significant advantage and 30mm rings are harder to find. Stick with standard one inch. If durability matters to you, choose Leupold.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5