Does anyone own a Kershaw Volt and an Oso Sweet as I really like both but have no experience on them for edc.

The volt seems slightly larger but it is marginal and it also has the matte bead blast finish that I don't really like as it becomes shiny with the slightest scratch or nick.

It has jimping on the top of the blade that the Oso Sweet does not have.

Oso Sweet has the high polished stainless look that I like and find that the flipper actions is smoother than on the Volt2.

I am still undecided as to the handle profile comfortability and size of both knives as I have very large hands but I don't want to up size to a larger blade than any of these 2 knives.

The other real problem that I am faced with is that I find it quite frustrating remembering to take the knife and also the fact that it is just a matter of time before I lose it despite the belt clip.
I also find it uncomfortable when driving and a hindrance at times. Am I not better off with just my Leatherman in it's pouch on my belt.

I sometimes find myself putting my knife in the centre console of my car when driving only to forget it in there at times.

To set the cat amongst the pigeons I have two other pertinent questions that I am burning to ask.

Why and for what purpose do people carry EDC knives? Is it for self defence,convenience,utility purposes or a fashion statement?No animosity intended here, just really keen to find out why because I don't EDC firearm and thought it would be handy to have some sort of protection albeit minimalistic in context.

That being said am I not at an immediate disadvantage by taking a knife to a gun fight or to another knife or sharp object fight if required to as I have not really had any formal knife training and will probably come off second best in a knife wielding fight anyway?

I guess the big question is will I not be better off by posing no threat in such a situation by not having any weapon than face an imminent face off with a knife that I probably will lose and become badly injured in the process? This obviously excludes Firearm EDC as I would stand a better chance here but I am not permitted to EDC firearm during working hours.

What advise to the people that know have for me here?

I can't wait to hear from the blade experts