Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Housecall by DFO

Do they not have a better use of the manhours?

User

Eish, Kayback, I'm sorry to disagree with you, but I think that is actually a good thing. Wish they would do it more. And my feelings have nothing to do with the silly act. I think a lot of people are not as responsible as they should be with firearms.

User

[QUOTE=Proudprado;1150237]Eish, Kayback, I'm sorry to disagree with you, but I think that is actually a good thing. Wish they would do it more. And my feelings have nothing to do with the silly act. I think a lot of people are not as responsible as they should be with firearms.[/QUOTE]

I think the same....

User

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFW View Post
    I got a call yesterday from the DFO's office ...
    Which police station do you fall under, Steve?

User

Jeepers. If firearm owners don't even trust other firearm owners, what should the rest of society think of us?

User

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    Jeepers. If firearm owners don't even trust other firearm owners, what should the rest of society think of us?
    It's not a rule that when one joins a group, one must blindly trust the rest of the group, especially those you haven't met.

If I'm a car owner, does that mean I must trust other car owners blindly, including those who break the law and drink and drive or speed ?
    No thanks.

User

Sure, but there isn't a relentless ongoing campaign from parties foreign and domestic to de-vehicle us, is there?

Regardless of what you might think, be a little more thoughtful about what you express in public, on Facebook, on GunSite, etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    Sure, but there isn't a relentless ongoing campaign from parties foreign and domestic to de-vehicle us, is there?
    Since there is a campaign to disarm us, I think it makes it even more important that we should not discourage this housecall process in order to show that we are law abiding citizens with nothing to hide, contrary to what the anti's might blanket us as.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    Eish, Kayback, I'm sorry to disagree with you, but I think that is actually a good thing. Wish they would do it more. And my feelings have nothing to do with the silly act. I think a lot of people are not as responsible as they should be with firearms.
    I'm sorry, but I'm with Kayback on this one.
    I have nothing to hide, however, I don't want strangers traipsing through my house because they feel I can't be trusted to follow the FCA.

User

I suppose in principle it's a good thing for the DFO to ensure compliance.

However, given the current situation I can't help but feel that there's an ulterior motive behind this. And specifically one that is out to 'get' firearm owners that might currently find themselves on the wrong side of their renewal dates.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast