Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    User

Default Re: Housecall by DFO

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    How does section 111 play into this?

Reading it seems somewhat unconstitutional, but I dont have the referenced police act handy

http://www.acts.co.za/firearms/111_s...rvice_act_1995
    Ok, so from what I see here: https://www.acts.co.za/south-african...995/13_members

Sections 6, 7 and 8 refer to border controls and roadblocks?

User

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFW View Post

There is the way we would like things to be and the way that they actually are, wake up and manage the reality.

This may be so, but it does not mean that the reality is correct or that we need to sit idly by and accept it.
    Take endorsements as an example. They were never required, but then were need for SLR's, then all sec 16 apps, now even sec 15 apps.

The SAPS stopped playing fair a long time ago, if you ask me they have tipped their hand with the directives and statements made lately.
    I feel it's past the point where playing nice will earn us any favour with them.

User

No man this thread is moving to fast. Please slow down.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    No man this thread is moving to fast. Please slow down.
    Huh?

User

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFW View Post
    My comment on the safe inspection is below:

1.Do you agree that the DFO will refuse you a firearm license if you refuse to allow an inspection of your safe and it's installation?
    2.If you say this is unfair, or "wrong" how do you intend challenging the refusal and do you actually believe that you have the faintest chance of succeeding in this appeal?

If you read what I have written it will be clear to you that I have not stated that the safe inspection is a law, however you could possibly answer the questions I posed to Zookeeper above.

The quote which you have incorrectly referenced was a clear response to his closing statement "Much like if the legislation said blacks and whites should live separately, you'd ask "what's the problem? Its the law so comply.""

If you want to follow along you actually need to take the trouble to understand what has been written instead of simply pursuing some self serving argument.
    if I read it correctly, @ MTTSS laid out the basis for which SAPS could request an inspection.

If I'm honest, I'd rather appeal and take it from there... and yes my perspective as someone who currently has an SD weapon.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9