Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default sarsilmaz b6 (cz75 clone)

Hi guys

anybody use this type of firearm? Really interested in it for permanent edc wen the time comes. Google doesnt really gimme the real life everyday use reviews that im looking for and ive used the search function on here to no avail.

I also know theres more better options available, im just a cz75 guy lol and this gun is really appealing to me.

So is there someone who actually has one n is in regular use of it?

Default Re: sarsilmaz b6 (cz75 clone)

Had to google that.

As always, uncommon guns are uncommon for a reason.

If you're a CZ75 fan, why not buy a CZ75?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Had to google that.

As always, uncommon guns are uncommon for a reason.

If you're a CZ75 fan, why not buy a CZ75?
    Imported by Nic Yale and well supported by them.

User

My prediction for this thread:

People will advise you to buy a Glock 19 or CZ P07 instead due to availability of parts, holsters, proven track record etc. It will be pointed out that the price difference is only a month or two of extra saving, and that your life is worth the extra money. My guess is that nobody with any actual experience with the gun in question will contribute to the discussion, because people who buy second tier "clones" are not likely to frequent gunsite.

I have seen and read good reviews of the sarsilmaz, however they are not exactly common. I believe Tac Shac had some for sale recently, might be worth finding out from them if anyone has had problems.

These 'uncommon first gun' threads tend to go one of two ways.

1. The person ends up buying a G19 or P07 as advised by everyone on gunsite. There is rejoicing in the streets.

2. The person decides to stick with 'their' gun any way, and disappears into a dark corner, never to give any feedback of their experiences with it.

At the end of the day, you are the only one with any real say in your decision. Do your homework, cover every possible angle and if you still think it ticks the boxes, then that's your prerogative. Do a thorough function test after receiving your chosen firearm, and let us know how your experience is going.

Just keep in mind that popular makes are popular for a reason, and that ANY Unknown gun should be considered potentially unreliable until proven otherwise.

Good luck on your firearms journey!

User

skaaphaas: Ive been finding it abit difficult to find a new cz75 and i dont really trust buying something as important as a SD firearm second hand. This has always been a gun that i admired. Any leads on a LGS that has them new in stock?

brendank: ja i have seen a few places selling them aswell. I was actually looking for someone who has personal experience w.r.t reliability, etc. I know that 75 magazines, etc. fit and there are spare parts.

pigeonpie: Lol that wont happen as I am definitely not a glock fan or any striker-fired pistol fan for that matter.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonpie View Post
    My prediction for this thread:

People will advise you to buy a Glock 19 or CZ P07 instead due to availability of parts, holsters, proven track record etc. It will be pointed out that the price difference is only a month or two of extra saving, and that your life is worth the extra money. My guess is that nobody with any actual experience with the gun in question will contribute to the discussion, because people who buy second tier "clones" are not likely to frequent gunsite.

I have seen and read good reviews of the sarsilmaz, however they are not exactly common. I believe Tac Shac had some for sale recently, might be worth finding out from them if anyone has had problems.

These 'uncommon first gun' threads tend to go one of two ways.

1. The person ends up buying a G19 or P07 as advised by everyone on gunsite. There is rejoicing in the streets.

2. The person decides to stick with 'their' gun any way, and disappears into a dark corner, never to give any feedback of their experiences with it.

At the end of the day, you are the only one with any real say in your decision. Do your homework, cover every possible angle and if you still think it ticks the boxes, then that's your prerogative. Do a thorough function test after receiving your chosen firearm, and let us know how your experience is going.

Just keep in mind that popular makes are popular for a reason, and that ANY Unknown gun should be considered potentially unreliable until proven otherwise.

Good luck on your firearms journey!
    thanks.

Sarsilmaz are actually quite big in the world although they not big here is SA and i know people are inclined to distance themselves from things they dont know and thats how human beings are

User

https://www.shootingstuff.co.za/fire...tol-black.html

You should shop around obviously...

They are out there.

User

Quote Originally Posted by faya92 View Post
    thanks.

Sarsilmaz are actually quite big in the world although they not big here is SA and i know people are inclined to distance themselves from things they dont know and thats how human beings are
    I agree with this. Especially in South Africa, we have a tendency to stick with what we know and what has been proven. Just look at our predilection for Hilux and Ford bakkies.

Playing it safe is just that: safe. No surprises, either good or bad. While there is definitely something to be said for playing it safe with your sd handgun, I also think that we occasionally miss out on some potentially great guns due to our risk-averse nature.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    https://www.shootingstuff.co.za/fire...tol-black.html

You should shop around obviously...

They are out there.
    I didnt know that a sp01 and a cz75 are the same. How naive of me hmmmm

User

I had an uncommon handgun once long ago but it was just once and it was long ago :-)

Given the ballache involved in fixing a bad gun pick in S.A. staying with safe picks is almost a no brainer especially for a one gun type guy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast