Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Default Re: Dashprod Shotgun Owners Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Ha ha ha -- good point, SSP. The main reason is because I am trying to be practical and have only one sling (and avoid buying yet another sling for the few occasions when I run the shottie with a sling).... and besides, my view is that I will only ever be running one long gun with a sling at a time!
    By the time you have worked something out to work with your Magpul sling you will have spent more than what a simple sling will have cost you.

For the most part, you will be served just fine with long enough carrying strap.

I am sure that either of these will serve and knowing TacQm you will probably have them in your timeframe.

https://www.tacticalquartermaster.co...nt=20447785094

https://www.tacticalquartermaster.co...s/rifle-sleeve

Also a sling that works with carbine probably won't work with a gauge.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Default Dashprod Shotgun Owners Thread

For those of you who are considering adding a tactical sling to your SAR Dashprod shotgun, this is the solution I got to with mine.....

After much research (and taking into account SSP’s recommendations — thanks bud), I eventually went with a Cytac double point sling. The two clips fitted perfectly into the existing mounting points on the shotgun and the FA hangs rather nicely when slung over my left shoulder (I am a right-handed shooter).

At a later stage I will be seeing if I can get a gunsmith to attach a solid mounting point towards the back left of the receiver. Such a mounting point would then allow for the use of a single point sling.

I got the sling at Dave Sheer, Montana and it was reasonably-priced (NB I have no affiliation with that business).

See pics below:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

With regard to the mounting point, I will be looking to have something like one of the following mounted onto the shotgun's receiver or toward the front end of the butt (this will depend on where the gunsmith feels is the best place to attach the mounting point):

https://www.gggaz.com/remington-vers...ttachment.html

http://semperfiguntraining.com/singl...tical-shotgun/

User

Bit of a necropost, but I thought that I would revive this thread to find out how the SAR Dashprod semi-auto SG owners are getting on with their SGs?

I have now had my loading port opened up and have had a sling attachment point added on the butt-side of the receiver.... plus had a 6 round side saddle mounted onto the left side of the receiver (since I am a right-handed shooter).

What changes, upgrades have other Dashprod owners made to their SGs and what ammo is working best and which less well (viz. make, shot size and grain)?

User

Bit of a necropost, but I thought that I would revive this thread to find out how the SAR Dashprod semi-auto SG owners are getting on with their SGs?

I have now had my loading port opened up and have had a sling attachment point added on the butt-side of the receiver.... plus had a 6 round side saddle mounted onto the left side of the receiver (since I am a right-handed shooter).

What changes, upgrades have other Dashprod owners made to their SGs and what ammo is working best and which less well (viz. make, shot size and grain)?
    Pics or it didn't happen....

I haven't shot mine nearly enough.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

Pics of work done:

User

The above made dual and quad loading way quicker and easier.

You can also see the mounting point for the sling swivel (on the RHS) of the middle pic

User

Glad to see you adding to the thread Tayls... been a while since any activity here.
    I must say, the Dash Prod is probably one of my best investments when it comes to firearms.
    Initial reservations regarding relatively unknown (AKKAR) brand from Turkey, but this SG has not missed a beat...

Few comments:
    I have slightly opened the gas ports. Helds with cycling.
    I have found the more I shoot, the smoother it gets. Also smoothed off some of the rough internal edges with water paper
    It does like to be clean and it does like being lightly lubricated.

Added a velcro side saddle. That way I can carry several replacement 6 shot velcro cards as backup if needed.
    Taken off the jagged door jam front adaptor. Looks cool, but just tears up my shotgun bag, so just added the barrel extension that it came with.
    Added a Blue Line sling

Ammo:
    I have tried a lot of different options and tested a lot.
    Very accurate with slugs and causes a world of damage.
    Shot from AA through to #9
    I have however found that it cycles flawlessly if you use about a 32 gr of higher. (Which obviously limits what you can buy past #6 shot)
    Tried some 29gr, sometimes okay, sometimes failure to eject.
    i have really annoyed some of the guys at the club when we shot sporting clays. It is not the best to use with the ghost ring sights for clays, but often beat the guys with their very expensive U/O clay shotguns.

All in all, very happy with the investment and cannot complain about any issues.
    Keen to also hear what other have to report back.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GlockForce View Post
    Glad to see you adding to the thread Tayls... been a while since any activity here.
    I must say, the Dash Prod is probably one of my best investments when it comes to firearms.
    Initial reservations regarding relatively unknown (AKKAR) brand from Turkey, but this SG has not missed a beat...

Few comments:
    I have slightly opened the gas ports. Helds with cycling.
    I have found the more I shoot, the smoother it gets. Also smoothed off some of the rough internal edges with water paper
    It does like to be clean and it does like being lightly lubricated.

Added a velcro side saddle. That way I can carry several replacement 6 shot velcro cards as backup if needed.
    Taken off the jagged door jam front adaptor. Looks cool, but just tears up my shotgun bag, so just added the barrel extension that it came with.
    Added a Blue Line sling

Ammo:
    I have tried a lot of different options and tested a lot.
    Very accurate with slugs and causes a world of damage.
    Shot from AA through to #9
    I have however found that it cycles flawlessly if you use about a 32 gr of higher. (Which obviously limits what you can buy past #6 shot)
    Tried some 29gr, sometimes okay, sometimes failure to eject.
    i have really annoyed some of the guys at the club when we shot sporting clays. It is not the best to use with the ghost ring sights for clays, but often beat the guys with their very expensive U/O clay shotguns.

All in all, very happy with the investment and cannot complain about any issues.
    Keen to also hear what other have to report back.
    Mine also only reliably cycles with 32g. But I struggle to find ammo. Where do you buy?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

I'm in Cape Towen and can find at a few shops, but not easily.
    Lastly found at Safari Outdoor, Eley I think. Maybe try then up your way.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast