Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Tumbling Media -- SS Pins -- Group Buy for members based in Gauteng (Pta/Jhb)

Hi All,

I am in the process of buying some stainless steel pins for the rotary tumbler I am building. Having done a bit of research, it seems that the SS pins are the way to go. I have now managed to find a place in CT which stocks them and was wondering if anybody else/a few people might be interested in a group buy...

The reason for me making this offer is because if the total of our joint purchase is over R750 in value, then the shipping to GP will be free (I understand that there will only be a nominal packing fee).

The media I am going to buy is sold by the jewellery supply business, BJ Oberholzer CC, in Cape Town (http://www.oberholzerbj.co.za/tumbli...-kg-63089.html) and has the following dimensions (approx. 1.00mm diameter x approx. 5-6mm in length). The cost is R340.86 per 1 kg packet (they don't do half kg packets).

Is there anybody on GS who wants to buy some SS pins and are happy to share the costs (and benefit from the free shipping)?

I live in the Old East of Pretoria and work in Brooklyn, Pretoria. I am also happy to bring the media along to SADPA shoots I will be attending at PDPC/CDPC and MDC in the coming month.

Would ideally like to place the order before the COB on Wednesday (15/03), so if you are keen to participate, please do let me have (a) details on the number of SS pins you want to buy (in kgs); (b) details on where you would like to collect them from me; and (c) send me your cell no. or email address so that I can send you my banking details. FYI, I will be asking members to make a transfer of the funds before I place an order on their behalf since I have been stung before by people who change their minds.

Cheers,

Default Re: Tumbling Media -- SS Pins -- Group Buy for members based in Gauteng (Pta/Jhb)

A short while back there was a guy on Guntree selling pins for very cheap with shipping. Maybe you can search on guntree.
    Was cheaper then oberholzer

User

Default Re: Tumbling Media -- SS Pins -- Group Buy for members based in Gauteng (Pta/Jhb)

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    A short while back there was a guy on Guntree selling pins for very cheap with shipping. Maybe you can search on guntree.
    Thanks bud. Will investigate this...

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Have you or anybody else bought from this guy and, if so, were the pins up to scratch (viz. no sharp edges or burrs, so as to avoid scratching the brass)? Any idea who he was and from where (contact details)?

User

Contact DM Lubbe zero seven nine 508 3159, he sells SS pins at R250 per kg, and Postnet over 5 kg is free. I just bought a kg, looks like good stuff.

User

Quote Originally Posted by LoopSoosStroop View Post
    Contact DM Lubbe zero seven nine 508 3159, he sells SS pins at R250 per kg, and Postnet over 5 kg is free. I just bought a kg, looks like good stuff.
    Thanks LSS. Have you managed to run them in your wet tumbler yet? I am very keen to ensure that they don't have any rough edges/burrs which will scratch the brass cases (and shorten the reloading life of my cases).

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Thanks LSS. Have you managed to run them in your wet tumbler yet? I am very keen to ensure that they don't have any rough edges/burrs which will scratch the brass cases (and shorten the reloading life of my cases).
    No scratching from my first run no.

User

Quote Originally Posted by LoopSoosStroop View Post
    No scratching from my first run no.
    If any scratching occurs, just tumble it in sand, it smoothes out any burrs.

User

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCottonFluff View Post
    If any scratching occurs, just tumble it in sand, it smoothes out any burrs.
    Presume that you mean tumble the pins in coarse sand to smooth off their edges (or do you mean the brass)?

User

Do the pins work in a dry tumbler too? My walnut shells arent copeing at the moment, so need replacing...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast