Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Was robbed today

I was walking from Rhapsody Centurion this afternoon to mall after meeting finished. Phone was in my left pocket and wallet in right pocket. Was aware of surroundings but not firing on all pistons. Guy (dressed nicely) got out of car came walking along sidewalk pass me and hit me "accidently" with his shopping bag against my leg. He immediately appologised with big smile and walked closer to me. Red lights was a bit slow from my side and he got hold of my belt and said sorry. He went on that someone slapped him before for a similar incident and said its fine. My brain was racing now but actions were slow.

As soon as he walked to his car I looked for my phone which was not in my pocket, and my brain said: welcome to the party!!!!!!!!

I immediately turned towards the car and saw he was bragging to the driver with my phone in hand.

I lifted my shirt and said I want my phone back. He promtly handed me the phone and said it was joke. They drove off inmidately after this.

I am so mad at myself at moment that I want to scream. Just realised it is so easy to be pulled into a situation and not expecting something.

What I learned:
    1. Personal boundaries
    2. Don't be affraid to offend people
    3. Get better mind set!!!!!

It is easy to be a keyboard warrior without being in a situation yourself!!! This I learned today!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Was robbed today

Quote Originally Posted by 264WinMag View Post
    I lifted my shirt and said I want my phone back. He promtly handed me the phone and said it was joke. They drove off inmidately after this.

I am so mad at myself at moment that I want to scream. Just realised it is so easy to be pulled into a situation and not expecting something.
    So you threatened him with a firearm in a public place ? Good luck if he decides to go make a case at the police.

User

Did you report the incident? Might be an idea to do so, just in case.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    So you threatened him with a firearm in a public place ? Good luck if he decides to go make a case at the police.
    So you think it will go something like this:

Guy in car arrives at police station: "This guy showed me his gun and demanded I give him his phone back"

Police: "Why did you have is phone"

Guy: "Because I pick pocketed him"

I highly doubt it

User

Or. Devils Advocate.

Guy: I found a phone on the floor and got in my car to take to lost and found and some boer called me terrible things and pointed his gun at me and said I stole it.

Police: Lets call News24

Edit: Boer interchangeable to suit circumstances

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post

Guy in car arrives at police station: "This guy showed me his gun and demanded I give him his phone back"

I highly doubt it
    was his life in danger? was there a threat of an imminent attack?
    it's still technically wrong.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post

I highly doubt it
    More like :

Guy : "This guy just threatened me with a firearm at the mall and robbed me of my phone - my friend witnessed the whole thing"

Police : "Okay we'll go find him"

Police find you and arrest you, not listening to your version of events that you were robbed because you never opened a case.

They see cctv footage in the parking lot of you raising your shirt and making the guy hand over his phone, exactly as the guy and his friend said.

You start praying there was some cctv footage of the pickpocket or else you're f*****.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    was his life in danger? was there a threat of an imminent attack?it's still technically wrong.
    I thought it went pretty well. He got his phone back. Nobody died.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    More like :Guy : "This guy just threatened me with a firearm at the mall and robbed me of my phone - my friend witnessed the whole thing"Police : "Okay we'll go find him"Police find you and arrest you, not listening to your version of events that you were robbed because you never opened a case.They see cctv footage in the parking lot of you raising your shirt and making the guy hand over his phone, exactly as the guy and his friend said.You start praying there was some cctv footage of the pickpocket or else you're f*****.
    Except it's your phone. So how does that help the complainant?

User

The point here is that it becomes your word against his. As firearm owners we are held to a higher standard (rightly or wrongly). Still best to CYA by reporting to a police station. Chances are slim to none the perp will lay a charge, especially if you are unidentifiable (pedestrian versus being in a car, altercation outside your house etc.). It's 45min of your time to pop past the cops shop at 21:00 when it's quiet to make a statement.....

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast