Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: .22 mag north american arms revolver tell me more JUST BOUGHT TWO

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffcat View Post
    Not in SA. Was given to me by an overseas hunter when I was living in Bots.
    Ah nice. You're lucky.

Look I also have guns for pew-sake, my .454 is one. My SAP271 (our application forms) says NSA shooting and by golly I use it for that. I have no qualms with guns for shooty sake.

I'm just saying that for SD NAAs are shit. Especially with other, modern choices available.

I too like getting firearms that are unique that is cool or fun to show to others, even if the spares and ammo is scarce or expensive. Applying them to SD is another debate all on its own.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

My concern with NAA is the single action and small size. To me it just looks a bit slow to get into action. Having said that i am a wheelgun fan and might find an excuse one day to pick up one of these for shits and giggles. but before i do that i would probably pick a more user friendly pocket pistol like a Walther TPH or Ruger LCP.

Congrats Treeman. You do what you want to do. Man just has to know his limitations.

About 12 years back I was still doing accounting for a dealer. Round about then he was selling quite a few of them.
    At that time I fired some of them in 22lr and 22mag. In the mag I recall most cases usually came out cracked.
    Either way could not shoot groups with these things at all. You use to get a bigger fold open grip.
    Making holding easier but still not really more controllable.
    Reckon in tight spot they are very concealable. And probably will be helpful.
    My concern is. My P01 Im positively always aware its still in its hybrid holster on me.
    You get use to it. But you can feel its there.
    These NAA ill almost be afraid it somehow gets loose or out of holster or pocket falls away and you dont realize it.

Banned

Time will tell how this works out for me, I know it will fun to have and I know it will better than nothing.I hope it will fill that niche I have in mind. As for whether it will change a confrontation to my favor, only that confrontation and its specific perimeters will be applicable for that particular occasion and result.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Pascoe View Post
    You can always make a plan.I once went to the movies in Germiston with a Borchardt IWB
    So Old fashioned Rick!! I carried my much more modern P-08 Luger on occasion as it was my first semi auto pistol...

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    My concern is. My P01 Im positively always aware its still in its hybrid holster on me.
    You get use to it. But you can feel its there.
    These NAA ill almost be afraid it somehow gets loose or out of holster or pocket falls away and you dont realize it.
    Some positive retention device is a necessity with these guns. Installing a stud at the bottom of the grip that allows you to attach a lanyard or similar would be most helpfull. I have seen one that is worn in a trouser pocket and secured to the belt with a key chain. Looks just like and old-fashioned pocket watch, but it has an alarm and it is loud!

Banned

When I am hunting and other very active activities I usually also use a string or such as secondary warning for weapon has fallen out. Did this especially when off roading on the bike. The chain link for household plugs works very well as it is strong enough to seriously yank on you should weapon dislodge but can be easily broken when intended.Wrap link around two fingers and then tape with masking tape to keep it tidy and free from snagging.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5