Page 131 of 152 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1519
    User

Default Re: Meanwhile back in Finland...

I hope he does and understand his warmongering backfired: to him this would be an opportunity to learn from one's own mistakes, but I doubt he is in such a state of mind he can rationalize his actions versus our reaction. That happens to tyrants eventually, some sort of a god bias I suppose.

The timing is also the worst possible for him, since during the winter Putin would've had our balls in his grasp threatening to freeze tens of thousands of homes and stopping a large percentage of our factories... but now, when it's over +30C outside and with a brand new nuclear power plant running, plus a US gas containing ship supplying most of the gas we will need in the near future he's got no leverage on us anymore.

In reality from today we are in the state of war with Russia and the grey zone will commence. We have been preparing for it for years, we have already neutralized certain threats of which I cannot disclose the exact details, and now we really will put our preparations in a large scale test. I'm happy to have been a part of the operation and trust the guys and gals in the field are well up to the task against our brutal and cunning enemy.

I'm very sorry but for obvious OPSEC reasons I will not speculate what will happen during the next few months or what have been and will be done to annihilate the threat, but I will share and comment on any open source public information as my schedule allows. Been busy this spring and early summer trying to make my living while preparing for the possible shooting war. Actually I find this whole situation funny in some perverse way, so in the end I'm probably in a happy place with the surrounding world seemingly going down the drain At least I know what I'm supposed to do if the shit really hits the fan.

User

Nuclear power plant, Greta can't be happy with that surely?

Dude, I really hope it doesn't get that point where it's a shooting war, for your sake and the people you care about, there is no coming back from that point.

I hope that this pissing contest between these politicians don't inadvertently become THE "great reset" by accident,or worse,by some miscalculation whilst all this posturing is going on,the shitheads causing it will be safe inside a bunker somewhere and receive a Nobel Peace prize afterwards whilst everyone else is decimated.

What scares me the most is that I don't see anyone trying to find any peaceful resolution but that everyone seems hell bent on annihilating each other instead?

I don't see your perception as somehow "perverse" but more as "acceptance" of your fate perhaps even destiny as a soldier,inevitable if not normal given the direction things seem to be going.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    I hope he does and understand his warmongering backfired: to him this would be an opportunity to learn from one's own mistakes, but I doubt he is in such a state of mind he can rationalize his actions versus our reaction. That happens to tyrants eventually, some sort of a god bias I suppose.

The timing is also the worst possible for him, since during the winter Putin would've had our balls in his grasp threatening to freeze tens of thousands of homes and stopping a large percentage of our factories... but now, when it's over +30C outside and with a brand new nuclear power plant running, plus a US gas containing ship supplying most of the gas we will need in the near future he's got no leverage on us anymore.

In reality from today we are in the state of war with Russia and the grey zone will commence. We have been preparing for it for years, we have already neutralized certain threats of which I cannot disclose the exact details, and now we really will put our preparations in a large scale test. I'm happy to have been a part of the operation and trust the guys and gals in the field are well up to the task against our brutal and cunning enemy.

I'm very sorry but for obvious OPSEC reasons I will not speculate what will happen during the next few months or what have been and will be done to annihilate the threat, but I will share and comment on any open source public information as my schedule allows. Been busy this spring and early summer trying to make my living while preparing for the possible shooting war. Actually I find this whole situation funny in some perverse way, so in the end I'm probably in a happy place with the surrounding world seemingly going down the drain At least I know what I'm supposed to do if the shit really hits the fan.
    Thanks for the Sitrep AK.

We all have our problems. It would seem your country has been prudent in dealing with theirs.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    I wonder if Putin even considered this as an outcome of his Ukrainian invasion?
    Putin has had near unfettered power for 20 years. It's common cause that he is surrounded by people who's superpower isn't saying 'no', anyone see the video of his security council meeting days before the invasion began? I suspect that he fell into the same trap that every strong man eventually does, i.e. he got high on his own supply.

User

@ AK, I wish you and yours all the best and have a lot of confidence that the preparations your country has been making for longer than I have been alive will allow you to prevail. The case for Finland and against Russia is so overwhelming that anyone seeking 'nuance', 'perspective' or 'alternative narratives' in this is definitely not concentrating.

User

Turkey is no longer in the way: Stoltenberg will ask Finland and Sweden to join NATO tomorrow.

So it begins.
    Good hearing from you again, I missed your updates. Sterkte, vasbyt; as we say in Afrikaans (Strength, bite the bullet)

User

Do you have a timeline of when you will actually be members of NATO? What worries you more, the time between today and becoming a NATO member , or the time after joining NATO?

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    Nuclear power plant, Greta can't be happy with that surely?
    Indeed! This one was built by the French which was an economical disaster and it was finished years 12 later than planned still having problems to reach full capacity, never trust the French... And we are building more: we just cancelled an order for another nuclear power plant from Russia. Now we are looking for other sources but the plant will be built. China? Just joking...

We have limited natural energy resources, practically no wind nor sunlight during the winter when energy is needed the most, so even our leftist green folks have woken up from the Soviet fabricated hatred towards the nuclear energy. Poor Germans swallowed the bait, hook and line and put the ban for nuclear power in their legislation which was the main cause they so desperately needed the Russian gas and oil. Lucky for us our more pedantic political counter forces were stronger than theirs and never succumbed to the well-meaning alas childish dream of nuclear free world.

The problem with trying to find a peaceful resolution with Russia is Putin's lack of will to negotiate: he and his minions keep on giving orders, ultimatums and threats with no indication of being ready to find compromise. Like there are people called 'horse whisperers' our president Sauli Niinistö has been called 'Putin whisperer' because of his special relationship with Putin: when nobody else has been able to speak to Putin directly, he has always been able to call his colleague and have a direct chat. But even this hasn't helped anymore, hence we prepare for a war which will be imminent if Putin continues with his plans to 'restore the God given might of the Imperial Russia'. The diplomats are trying their best, I can assure you, but waiving our sovereignty is not an option.

About the timeline of joining NATO: it will most probably take months, but we have already been promised full protection from the USA, not NATO but the USA proper for the transitional stage. I do hope we will not have to put this promise to test, every sane person takes these promises were they official or not with a more than a pinch of salt. There are almost no Russian troops over our eastern fence, the mechanized troops previously stationed there are either blown up or serving the Ukrainian armed forces, practically only place still manned is Murmansk. Missiles with conventional warheads are an option if Putin want's to go full Crazy Ivan but it would only strengthen our will to defend our country and give us an excuse to go with full mobilization of the 280 000 troops with the rest of the total of 870 000 already trained reservists on hold biting the proverbial bullet.

The magnitude of this whole event and it's geopolitical meaning may be hard to understand, but now the actual physical border between NATO and Russia will double its length causing Russia the need to fortify their NW border, St. Petersburg and Kaliningrad are completely surrounded thus in practise held hostage by NATO countries having de facto control over the whole Baltic Sea area.

Well played Putin, the 2022 NATO salesman of the year...

User

AK-Gunner its good to hear from you again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    AK-Gunner its good to hear from you again.
    Thanks guys.

Unsurprisingly as a result of USA's promise to help we have multiple ongoing joint FTX's going on and even more planned for the near future assuring the presence of US units in Finland as we train co-operation with each of our forces. There are still some differences with certain details we have to change, but everything is doable in very short notice.

One of the many exercises:
    US soldiers train with Finnish forces in Helsinki
    https://yle.fi/news/3-12515118

Edit: another article on this FTX:
    https://pledgetimes.com/defense-forc...professionals/

Page 131 of 152 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast