Page 30 of 152 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Meanwhile back in Finland...

Ok, thnx AK-G ... I’m considering options for RDS & magnifier combos, Aimpoint or Eotech.

User

Eotechs have had pretty bad quality problems with a no-questions-asked refund program (plus my brain finds that fuzzy floating reticle too complicated to understand), never happened to Aimpoint, plus Eotech's battery life is a bad joke.... And Aimpoint has practically lifetime guarantee. Not your life, the lifetime of the product (=its existence in any recognizable form), I've heard many examples of unbelievable customer care from Aimpoint...

Even the Swedes get it sometimes right

User

Thanks AK-G.

With your magnifier: how does the twist-mount work, compared to the flip-mount?

Do you know whether any of the Aimpoint RDS have a reticle with holdovers for different ranges?

User

You're welcome, Stan.

Aimpoint doesn't have holdover reticles, at least on their small arms sights available to the public. I sight in my carbines with an RDS at 230(ish) meters, so I can hit the proverbial bad guy in his equally proverbial face aiming at his nose or thereabouts at 0 to about 250 meters, so I don't really want the holdover lines or dots without magnification. Want to keep things as simple as possible. With the magnifier, I train in field conditions to be able to do the holdover without the help from the reticle. Sounds hard, but it really isn't.

I used to have a quite decent quality piece of glass, a Meopta 1-6 x power scope with an illuminated reticle with holdover lines, but every time I looked through it in haste my brain overloaded and my performance wasn't on par with my skillset. Gave the scope to my son who's got an upgraded processor installed in his skull and went back to the Aimpoint. Lot of people like both the concept of a variable scope (more and more in the use of various special forces) and holdover markings on the reticle, but i'm wired a tad differently from those guys.

The Twist-Mount goes like "flick a lever, twist the glass and put it in a pouch" versus the Flip-Mount's "just turn the bugger to the side" (if Aimpoint) or "flick a switch and flip the glass to the side" (if Eotech). Flip-Mount is fast and you won't lose your glass versus the Twist-Mount is...cheaper :) I like them both.

User

So, Mr AK-G has been extremely quiet this year.

Must be all those Saimaa Still suppressors ...

User

STAN!

Been busy on different battlefronts, like recording music in an all analog professional studio. I guess, there's not many studios around anymore recording 24 tracks on a two inch tape... Old farts like to sound like...old farts even when playing progressive rock. Now there's an oxymoron

User

Wow, that sounds pretty cool.
    You need to video you guys and upload to YouTube or Vimeo or sumthin' so we can see the lads playin! popcorn.gif

User

Here's one live performance from 2015 when my hair was still relatively short. I'm playing the black Fender. The soundtrack is a composite of material from two camcorders plus house recording which wasn't very high quality...

User

An another one from the same gig...

User

Classic!!

Is it my imagination or do I hear some Golden Earring influence somewhere in there?

Page 30 of 152 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast