User

Default Patron killed in Edenvale restaurant robbery

On May 7 a restaurant patron was killed during an Edenglen business robbery.
    Captain Jean Olckers, spokesperson of the Edenvale SAPS, said the robbery took place at a restaurant on Harris Avenue.

He said between four to six suspects, some armed with handguns, committed the crime.
    Olckers said some of the suspects entered the restaurant, others waited in the parking area and one waited in the getaway vehicle.
    Inside the restaurant, the suspects held up the patrons and staff.

Olckers said the suspects fled after taking a small amount of money and cellular phones from the patrons.
    He said the victim followed the suspect who took the money and got into a scuffle with one of the robbers.
    “During the scuffle the victim was shot twice. The victim died on the scene,” said Olckers.

He said cases of murder and business robbery have been opened at the Edenvale SAPS.

Olckers said the suspects fled the scene in an old-model gold-coloured Toyota Camry.
    Three of the restaurant’s patrons had to receive trauma counselling.
    Source : http://bedfordviewedenvalenews.co.za...aves-one-dead/

So sad. Following robbers after they have already left is just not a risk that needs to be taken, and sadly this victim lost their life because of it.

User

Default Re: Patron killed in Edenvale restaurant robbery

Damn... I wonder that restaurant it was?

I was ar Portuguese restaurant on that same road on Sat night, the place had three entrances, which got me thinking how easy it would be for them to hit the place.

Scary

User

I read that it was Kung Fu Kitchen.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kev123 View Post
    Damn... I wonder that restaurant it was?

I was ar Portuguese restaurant on that same road on Sat night, the place had three entrances, which got me thinking how easy it would be for them to hit the place.

Scary
    There's an ENCA article that's more specific about the restaurant, it says it was the Kung Fu Kitchen.

You need to really believe in yourself to run outside and take on 6 BG's that just robbed a place when some of them is also armed.
    He might not have known there was 6 in total. But even if only 1 BG and he is armed.
    You cant just run after him into street wanting to take him on in hand combat. When he is carrying a ranged weapon and have distance on you.

Sad any case that BG's can so easily rob these places.

User

Thanks, didn't see the other article.