Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Father kills one, wounds another home invader in desperate fight to save family

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...obber-20170508

I post this one because I would love to find out more about what happened here, whether the article is misleading and sensationalist in terms of the legal consequences, and I'd like to know how things turn out. Usually our members tend to have access to more up to date information than we read about in the press.

Was this simply the standard opening of a docket? Or was the father treated more harshly than one would expect?

User

Default Re: Father kills one, wounds another home invader in desperate fight to save family

Standard as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by bcs View Post
    Standard as far as I know.
    It's not. Please stop perpetuating this myth.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Default Re: Father kills one, wounds another home invader in desperate fight to save family

Six of them, two shots fired, they flee...all bravado until the first one takes a round to the chest..

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    It's not. Please stop perpetuating this myth.

Whats the real procedure?

User

I'll be apoplectic if the NDPP doesn't nolle this case.

Similar to above, for the legal guys...was he arrested and charged, (and spent time in the cells), or was an inquest docket opened and he merely gave a statement as a witness, and then the charges were instituted?

@Skaap: "Police spokesperson Sergeant Kelebogile Moleko said it was standard procedure to open a case of murder or attempted murder after someone dies or is injured in a shooting." ...enlighten us, please.

User

Headlines like this make me wonder, maybe I need a tinfoil hat, but why does the focus have to be on the charge of murder instead of a successful defense...

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...bber-20170508?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

User

*SIGH* it is obvious from the article itself that nobody was arrested and that a docket was opened: a docket is a docket is a docket. Whether the IO calls it a "murder docket" or not is irrelevant.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    *SIGH* it is obvious from the article itself that nobody was arrested and that a docket was opened: a docket is a docket is a docket. Whether the IO calls it a "murder docket" or not is irrelevant.
    Hence my concern over the focus of the headline. Am I being paranoid or is the media being used to make people afraid of self defense?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast