Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Gun Collector procedure

I have reached my gun limit as a "occasional sport shooter"I was wondering what the procedure and costs are to become a Gun collector where you can own as many firearms as you like? Any Advise would be really appreciated

User

I think it's far easier getting your dedicated sportperson status, and applying for your license as dedicated person. I think there may be slightly fewer hoops to jump through. :)

User

The way I understand it is that you need to belong to an acredited collectors association and you need to have a theme. "Collecting guns" wont cut it. But you can have more than one theme. Your safekeeping requirements are also more stringent. Once you have satisfied the collectors assn.( who can be pretty fussy I believe) you are half way there.
    Wont the collectors please comment?

THOMAST I have been finding it very difficult to read any of your posts lately. I usually only get halfway through a word and then for some inexplicable reason my eyes automatically focus on you avatar. Very distracting !!!
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post
    THOMAST I have been finding it very difficult to read any of your posts lately. I usually only get halfway through a word and then for some inexplicable reason my eyes automatically focus on you avatar. Very distracting !!!
    Gee, I'm so sorry to have caused you some discomfort FrankH, should i remove offending item?

Quote Originally Posted by THOMAST View Post
    Gee, I'm so sorry to have caused you some discomfort FrankH, should i remove offending item?
    You crazy ?? Craig and I are considering allowing you a bigger Avatar
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Got it off a birding site - was taxonomically classified as being a wild pair of splendid covered boobies..
    I love birding! Just have to stay "abreast " of sightings

User

Therese writing in this thread?

User

How's that for a collecting theme?

Now lets get back to the OP, about collecting

User

Guys, I recently had my collectors license approved and found the excise not as daunting as you might think. Initially I was put off by snobbish behaviour and elitist attitudes.
    I then found out that it is VERY dependant on the association that you decide to affiliate too. I also found out that as long as its an accredited association, SAPS doesnt care. My advise, find a good bunch of gun ENTHUSIAST (like yourself) that are willing to help you and you 80% there.

If you are interested, my guys met the above criteria and I am more than willing to share there details.

P.S. IF you touch that AVATAR the deal is OFF!!!!!

DVC

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast