Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    What magic does this lil'gun do that people incessantly post about it?
    I think it's only the few of us with true little guns that want it. For the .22 Hornet, it brings the velocity up to really useable speeds with the 45gr bullets.

However, at 10 grains per case, and the volume of shooting so low, I doubt it will be a real cash-cow for them.

One tin will last me a good few years.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Default Re: ETA Hodgdon powders

Not everything arrived, but what did...arrived in large quantities.
    Here is the pricing and availability.
    Please confirm what is at the shop before coming through for anything, as we cannot keep large quantities at the shop due to legal limits, and have to top up regularly from the magazine.

Note that powder will not be shipped...RAM refuses to ship explosives even though they may legally. And we are strict about limits.
    These seem to be only ONE tin per license, and a max of 2.4kg stored at home. That is what the current regulations state. Best to try and get your local dealers to fetch and stock it for you. Some will have applied for permits to store more, and that is fine.

Retail Incl vat
    Hodgdon CFE223 1 Lb R599,00
    Hodgdon CFE PISTOL 1 Lb R550,00
    Hodgdon 4831 SC 1 Lb R699,00
    Hodgdon RETUMBO 1 Lb R720,00
    Hodgdon 4895 1 Lb R699,00
    Hodgdon VARGET 1 Lb R720,00
    Hodgdon TIGHT GROUP 1 Lb R475,00
    IMR 4451 1 Lb R730,00
    IMR 4955 1 Lb R730,00
    IMR 4166 1 Lb R730,00
    IMR 7977 1 Lb R730,00
    IMR 4320 1 Lb R660,00
    IMR 4198 1 Lb R699,00
    IMR 4064 1 Lb R660,00

User

Regarding Lil'gun, according to the hodgon website and other forums this is the powder yielding the highest mv for 357 magnum.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

User

Ah, I saw the facebrick posts earlier as well, and was also one of the few that was dissapointed to not see Lil' Gun.

@BigT, as per Skaa'pie''s's post, on the 22Hornet, some initial Quickload fiddling showed that one could get a 45gr bullet just shy of 2900, and a 40 to just under 3000 IIRC, vs the published max somchem load only yielding 2516 with the 45...

Yip. That Lil'gun will be for my 22H as well.
    I honestly love that little Hornet.

Dont let them think it wont be a cash cow.
    We need to convince them to get some in.
    And seems then also to get RAM to transport it.

I played with the Hornet a bit on the farm the other day. It really is a lovely little rifle, with just that bit more oomph than the .22LR.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

I bought the C527 in 22h. Fitted a 22 Silencer from guys in Somerset West. Forgot name now. Some days I think that 22h has got negative recoil. It almost feels less then a 22lr. If shot with silencer on.

Last year in Merweville one of the guys hunting with us wanted to shoot an ostrich.
    With his 30-06. Farmer said body shot is virtually out. As he would damage most of meat in legs. So options was head shot. Or knees. So he took 3 shots from bakkie at head. Missed all 3 between 50-100m.
    I had the 22h in bag on Bakkie. Said let me take a chance. Shot it at 87m. Just next to eye from the front. With a 45gr Sierra.
    Back of head was not blown open. It was just gone. Just behind eyes rear was just missing. Could not believe that little 45gr out of the 22H would be that aggressive on impact.

I got some Barnes Varmint grenades with the rifle from Formalito. Apparently they are devastating on varmint animals.

User

So i got my 2 Varget Powders. Now to Start playing around with the 168 and 175 pills in my 308 and the 70Gr Nosler RDF in the 223 26inch barrel

User

Bringing up the Lil'Gun and Hornet discussion again...

I actually phoned the shop a few days ago out of interest, and asked if they will ever be bringing in other variants and mentioned Lil'Gun specifically. Apparently after judging the waters, they do want to bring in more, so there is hope for us still!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva10210 View Post
    Bringing up the Lil'Gun and Hornet discussion again...

I actually phoned the shop a few days ago out of interest, and asked if they will ever be bringing in other variants and mentioned Lil'Gun specifically. Apparently after judging the waters, they do want to bring in more, so there is hope for us still!
    I know this is an ancient thread bump, but just wondering if there is any news on new shipment of Hodgdon Powders, most specifically Lil' Gun?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast