Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Couldn't find an 55gr FMJs at Bellum Arcus.... my skills are lacking it seems.
    Sorry soft point jacketed, shows up on their facebook page. These bullets work perfectly.

Default Re: Frontier ammo 223

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Sorry soft point jacketed, shows up on their facebook page. These bullets work perfectly.
    Ah thanks found it, pity about the cannelure, as I have been doing some reading and it seems that it can influence accuracy if crimped and I wanted to do a light crimp. Is there a need to crimp 223 as there is not much recoil?

Ah thanks found it, pity about the cannelure, as I have been doing some reading and it seems that it can influence accuracy if crimped and I wanted to do a light crimp. Is there a need to crimp 223 as there is not much recoil?
    In an autoloader? Yes. Unless you are trying to set bullets back and potentially blow up your rifle.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

You are overthinking it re the crimp and accuracy. These are very good quality bulk bullets. At 100m I can see no difference between these or the Hornady FMJBT and I have used both. In a semi auto if the round hits the feed ramp on the way in you may get bullet setback. It does happen. If using near max loads this may or may not be an issue. A crimp may reduce the chance of this. I just use a Redding bushing die to get sufficient neck tension, run Somchem min loads and leave it at that.

User

Default Re: Frontier ammo 223

What sport are you planning on shooting and optics or open sights?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10