Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zambia

User

Default Re: Zambia

Take the wiki link for what it's worth - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...flage_clothing

My opinion, as far as wearing camo, I don't think camo baggies or a camo cap would attract any unwanted attention. An ACU jacket on the other hand there is no telling. Walking down the street with jeans and the jacket - probably not an issue. Seated in a vehicle at a roadblock, expect a head to pop in the window to inspect your pants and/or maybe a few questions.

User

Default Zambia

Quote Originally Posted by Kev123 View Post
    Got the shot today to be safe, figured less hassle from potentially corrupt officials look to give kak...

Whats the verdict on wearing camo? I have two really nice thick ACU jackets, can't seem to find any info if camo is illegal for civvies or frowned upon atleast.
    I have always felt very welcome and safe in Zambia. Even more than some rural towns in Limpopo/Eastern Cape/Natal.

But I believe in trying to be the grey man. Better to draw as little attention as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 to what Grobbie said. I grew up in Zambia and although it has its share of issues and stupidities, I will always have a soft spot for that country. We never had to make a single bribe in all our time there, even if on occasion a bribe could have sped things up.

Generally the people are very friendly, if you are friendly to them. The best advice I can give is start each interaction with a friendly greeting and ask how their day has been etc. A lot of the time it will help change the attitude of most officials and speed up the rest of the formalities (apart from border control, there is little you can do to speed anything up there...).

User

Coolthanks for the info guys, much appreciated. This will be my first time venturing into "Africa"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2