Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: And so it begins

Please keep in mind that magazine capacity is not the end-all and be-all of shooting a pistol. It's more important to learn how to do a mag change quickly and get training. Adding an extended magazine could make the firearm a bit more unwieldy and more difficult to handle. Learning to quickly and effectively manipulate and handle the firearm is much more important than magazine capacity. (when referring to a 15+ round standard magazine)

User

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    There is a CZC (CZ Custom) +3 base available for the P09 magazine which will fit the P07 which makes it a 22 round magazine.
    Take a look at www.jizni.co.za for all CZ accessories available in South Africa.
    Feel free to contact the guys at JIZNI for more info.
    I have heard about Jizni, If i decide to go the CZ route, I will call them out and discuss options. Thanks for the info, you clearly know your Czech Iron!

User

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Please keep in mind that magazine capacity is not the end-all and be-all of shooting a pistol. It's more important to learn how to do a mag change quickly and get training. Adding an extended magazine could make the firearm a bit more unwieldy and more difficult to handle. Learning to quickly and effectively manipulate and handle the firearm is much more important than magazine capacity. (when referring to a 15+ round standard magazine)
    Noted, i think the competency training is not enough own it's own, based on what i hear is need to pass.
    My idea for the large magazine is to help in a situation when your brain goes into 'derp' mode and its easier to let rip with 30. The bulk of this mag hasnt really popped into my mind, so good point you raise with regards to this. Something to be aware of for sure

User

No one has mentioned a Sig Sauer yet. I'm VERY happy with my P320. Just giving you another option

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Dont get hung up about capacity

A 15/16 round magazine with a spare on hand is fine

Look at mag extensions when you know how to run gun
    Im maybe putting the cart before the horse, but i am thinking long term before i buy my first FA. I dont want to regret buying something later on when i realize there are little options to change or alter something. But i agree, training and range time would be ensure proper technique and skill, a mag wont.
    Last edited by zguy; 14-07-2017 at 13:56. Reason: spelling

User

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Shooter View Post
    No one has mentioned a Sig Sauer yet. I'm VERY happy with my P320. Just giving you another option
    I have looked at a Sig, but for the life of me, i cannot recall the model. Its a bit overwhelming to take all of this stuff in when you are new to all this. I also looked at a Steyr, but have heard that support / acc might be a bit lacking in RSA.

I will check out Sig again, thanks

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    Rule 1: Never discuss this with anyone at work, especially not the brass. What they don't see can't hurt them. Someone nearly ruined it for us all by talking to the SHEQ department at my previous workplace. And I knew of at least two other people that carried.

I'm that colleague and I carry, though I do agree with what you said.

I was interested in his response since he's a gun owner as well but I wasn't expecting his response, left me slightly confused.

At-least I got to see how the different people think, and they still don't know I carry though they know I shoot and hunt.

User

I know that you are on a budget, but try and do all your competencies at once. You will do your handgun, and then shoot a buddies 15/22 or 223 and want one. And then a shottie, and then a .........Do them once and have them. You can get a discount for doing more than one at a time. My 2c worth

User

You are probably correct, in the long it will pay itself off

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Noted, i think the competency training is not enough own it's own, based on what i hear is need to pass.
    My idea for the large magazine is to help in a situation when your brain goes into 'derp' mode and its easier to let rip with 30. The bulk of this mag hasnt really popped into my mind, so good point you raise with regards to this. Something to be aware of for sure
    The problem with the one large cap mag carry is what if you have an issue with it, then what?
    Get normal mags, add plus 2/3 shoes and train to do mag changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast