Banned

Default J Hook or conventional clip

Hi guys

I've been wondering. When getting an IWB holster. What do you like more. The J Hook or the normal clip? Does the clip show that much and how secure is the J Hook?

I'm going to buy some holsters from Geoff Carter (our local king of Kydex) but was wondering which configuration to take with regards to the clips. Knowing Geoff he'll probably tell me both is great and most likely make it so that I can use both but I wanted to hear what the conventional knowledge is about this.

User

Get his soft loops.

Banned

Cool. I'll chat to him about it then.

I got the soft loop with the press stud for my fixed blade and it is well concealed if you use a dark belt and dark pants. Obviously when wearing light pants it does show a bit but seriously its hardly an issue, except to very observant folk studying your waistband area. By tucking my shirt in around it then raising my arms above my head, the shirt remains tucked but pulls out just a little, providing a fold that gives you good concealment. It also gives you a convenient "flap" or handle to grab when drawing the weapon. My pistol is in a frontline holster with a J hook that is tuckable. Provided my belt is not too loose it is secure and comfortable, but still a bit movable, like say when in the car, I can shift it a bit so it doesnt press on my side too much.

Banned

food for thought.
    Thanks for the input.

Banned

That man Geoff is a freaking genius. Never before has my USP fullsize sat that nicely. In fact I forgot I was wearing the gun and was very surprise when I wanted to go to bed and found the gun on my side.

My old pancake holster made me very aware that it was there when sitting down. digging into my side.