Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Default Warning to All Sig 320 users - failed drop test by Omaha Outdoors

The Sig 320 failed consistently and fired when dropped on the rear of the frame and slide.

The X5 version did not . They are assuming it is because of the lighter trigger in this version.

Be safe out there and avoid carrying it until a solution is put forward by Sig Sauer.

User

Default Re: Warning to All Sig 320 users - failed drop test by Omaha Outdoors

interesting...

I'm curious as to how this all ties in with the US Army's testing and why it didn't go to the drop test phase...
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

I will only become concerned once sig makes an official statement or call back.

This was tested by so many agencies and people(including sig themselves) and passed, but one or two guys with youtube channels have "proven" it fires when being dropped..... Interesting.

Not saying they're wrong or it is not the case, but I will wait until this is proven or confirmed by someone like SIG or an official agency(US Military etc.).
    If this is found to be the case, I can promise you that sig will be all over it and a huge call back will happen.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind View Post
    I'm curious as to how this all ties in with the US Army's testing and why it didn't go to the drop test phase...
    What I find interesting as well is why is the standard for drop test on the muzzle and side but not the back? If a gun drops on it's muzzle and fires it would typically fire into the ground, rather safe considering other directions. If it fires when dropped on the back the projectile goes up or to the side, this is clearly much more dangerous.

User

What was interesting was when he mentions how drop tests are normally performed, I would have thought a drop test to the rear of the Firearm as a loaded mag adds weight would be norm. Wonder then how many other firearm would also fail.

* I type slow

User

Quote Originally Posted by bronxlive View Post
    I will only become concerned once sig makes an official statement or call back.

This was tested by so many agencies and people(including sig themselves) and passed, but one or two guys with youtube channels have "proven" it fires when being dropped..... Interesting.

Not saying they're wrong or it is not the case, but I will wait until this is proven or confirmed by someone like SIG or an official agency(US Military etc.).
    If this is found to be the case, I can promise you that sig will be all over it and a huge call back will happen.
    After the whole Flaming Ford fire problem I would rather err on the side of caution when it comes to big corps admittance to problems. It seems like big corps prefer waiting till the bodies pile up a bit...

User

I'm going to go ahead and call this fake.

I find it incredibly difficult to understand how the 320 platform has been through testing via various US government departments and has not exhibited any of these symptoms? And, also, the timing of all issues is suspect to me.

Perhaps the US government and it's various LEO and Mil agencies should fire their testing staff and hire these folks from the interwebz.

Some more info from TTAG:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-drop-testing/

I am following this with great interest. My next handgun will be a P320
    www.480bc.co.za
    EDC, Sport Shooting, Reloading

Dont believe everything on the net.

Not saying it cant fall that way.
    But how will you carry your 320 for it to be able to land that way.

If your drop it while taking out or holstering.
    Its more likely o fall barrel first.

The way they hold it before dropping it.
    Why would you ever carry or hold a loaded firearm upside down that way.

They are dropping it from height and in way to make it intentionally fail.

And how many people stand inside the house and throw their pistols to the ground like the one guy.

Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast