Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Stainless Tumbling Media

General recommendation is kg to kg, but ideal seems to be around 1.5kg media per kg of brass.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcam View Post
    Hi members.
    To educate myself...
    What is the ss media to cases?
    How much KG to 9mm cases?
    I usually use 1.5kg media to 1kg of brass. 30 mins and brass is as clean as ever

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboi95 View Post
    I usually use 1.5kg media to 1kg of brass. 30 mins and brass is as clean as ever

+1 with me too... have tried all sorts of combinations and this works best for me.

Do you use soap and acid? Or just the pins ?

Banned

1/4 teaspoon citric acid and 1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid

The amount of citric acid depends totally on the volume of water and the hardness of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    +1 with me too... have tried all sorts of combinations and this works best for me.
    Same here it does seem like the right mixture after trying quite a few combos.
    Quote Originally Posted by To_the_point View Post
    Do you use soap and acid? Or just the pins ?
    I use the pins, 1 teaspoon of sunlight, roughly a tablespoon of vinegar, and also a 9mm doppie full of finish water softener rinse aid and water to cover all the brass and pins.

User

I add a big teaspoon dishwasher powder, splash of clean green and a teaspoon sunlight

User

Last week I cleaned a whole batch of 9mmP brass. On filling the tumbler canister with water I realised I completely forgot to add the ss media. Being lazy, I decided "stuff it, tumble them without the media", and just doubled my normal time setting (40min vs 20min). Surprise surprise, brass just as clean as ever, and no ballache to separate the media from the brass. From now on, I'll only use the ss media on rifle brass, pistol brass can be their own cleaning media!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Last week I cleaned a whole batch of 9mmP brass. On filling the tumbler canister with water I realised I completely forgot to add the ss media. Being lazy, I decided "stuff it, tumble them without the media", and just doubled my normal time setting (40min vs 20min). Surprise surprise, brass just as clean as ever, and no ballache to separate the media from the brass. From now on, I'll only use the ss media on rifle brass, pistol brass can be their own cleaning media!
    I've always wondered what my brass would look like tumbled without the pins and now I know thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast