Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: Bow hunting, worth starting?

, Messor
    ..... and shame on the twats that makes it difficult (or some times downright unpleasant), for the rest of us that want to do things right

User

Quote Originally Posted by H.MINNAAR View Post
    For the bowhunters here, do you feel it is worth giving it a go? Most bowhunts seem to be out of a hide. How do you compare it to rifle hunting?
    I am tempted but don't know if its worth the investment.
    I was asking myself the same question in 2007 after hunting with rifles and shotguns all my life. In my case the hunting is more about the hunt than the meat. The meat is a bonus. I enjoy a challenging hunt and I enjoy getting very close to the animals. Walk & stalk with a bow seemed like the perfect "step-up" in terms of a hunting challenge. For me, it was definitely worth it. I still hunt with rifle and shotgun because I enjoy that too but taking an animal on foot with my bow gives me a wonderful sense of achievement 10/10. I have had easy W&S hunts with my rifle but every W&S hunt with my bow has been challenging.

Regarding wounding. An arrow through the vitals will kill equally as well as a bullet through the vitals. However, after speaking to various game farmers and to hunters on bowhunting Forums, there is general consensus that a greater % of animals are wounded by bowhunters than by rifle hunters. There are more variables that can go wrong in bowhunting.

Banned

Single thought: a very good friend has a fenced hunting farm. They stopped bow hunting altogether because they could not sell enough animals to bow hunters.

That is from a farmer's perspective.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5