Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Default Re: More about IPSC (A FAQ thread)

Also a noob to the sport and confused about this. The standard Glock 17 is listed in production, but I also see that the production category does not allow more than 15 rounds per magazine. So why is a 17 round gun on the list?

User

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1 View Post
    Also a noob to the sport and confused about this. The standard Glock 17 is listed in production, but I also see that the production category does not allow more than 15 rounds per magazine. So why is a 17 round gun on the list?
    I think the reasoning was to make the division fair for everyone and not make it a equipment race like the other divisions have become. That way every competitor starts a stage with the same round count. It evens the playing field and makes the division more competitive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1 View Post
    It’s a production rule to level the playing field. Most full size production legal pistols have a mag capacity of more than 15. Imagine you rock up with a happy stick with 33 rounds and compete against guys with only 15 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

You just are not allowed to compete with more than 15 in a mag in P and PO. If you do, you're shooting in open division instead.

Remember standard and open guns are unlimited in capacity but must fit in the box, making the magazine length, baseplate, follower and spring (and caliber) a contributor to theoretical performance. Fewer mag changes = better score all else equal

So in P and PO, they take production guns with a range of capacities and limit that capacity to an amount lower than average so more people can compete with what they have got and its less of an equipment race in theory

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7