Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 60 of 60
  1. #51
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    871

    Default Re: More about IPSC (A FAQ thread)

    Thanks Psychosis, great FAQ. But why no love for the Revolver division? . Not sure why no ones likes it, but I have been trying to run a few club shoots with my revolver rig - it is a lot of fun, but no competition makes it a bit boring. Classic is really fun and an enjoyable new division with some really top SA shooters in it. I would suggest to any new shooters to come to the local club matches and just ask questions. That's how I got involved and it just accelerates from there.

  2. #52
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,947

    Default Re: More about IPSC (A FAQ thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by lithium View Post
    Thanks Psychosis, great FAQ. But why no love for the Revolver division? . Not sure why no ones likes it, but I have been trying to run a few club shoots with my revolver rig - it is a lot of fun, but no competition makes it a bit boring. Classic is really fun and an enjoyable new division with some really top SA shooters in it. I would suggest to any new shooters to come to the local club matches and just ask questions. That's how I got involved and it just accelerates from there.
    I think revolver is dying as a division because the HF's are very low compared to the other divisions. It lacks that F1 racing feeling. Less Adrenalin? 9 shots per position rule affecting the low capacity rollies? Too many static reloads? I dunno.. purely conjecture on my part.

    A similarly skilled revolver shooter takes about 2.5 times longer to finish an average stage than his similarly skilled pistol counterpart.

    There were 2 revolver shooters at the Boland Nationals (Round 1) this year. So there are a few around. We have a guy who runs his revolver occasionally at our one club as well.

  3. #53

    Default More about IPSC (A FAQ thread)

    Thankx phycosis, love the post its a good read.
    Steel must fall to be scored, you have the choice to do a calibration but its a risk.

  4. #54
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by singh17 View Post
    how does the shoot off in Appendix 3 work? what is the reason
    This table is for a "man vs man" competion. The course consists of an identical set of plates/poppers for each shooter and both shooters shoot from the outside inwards. The plate on the bottom of the two overlapping center plates/poppers determines who won.

  5. #55
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,947

    Default Re: More about IPSC (A FAQ thread)

    The shoot-off is usually a side match... not used as a 'decider' for the main match.

    It is a far more exciting part of IPSC from a spectators perspective (and from experience, great fun as a competitor).

  6. #56
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Age
    54
    Posts
    79

    Default Re: More about IPSC (A FAQ thread)

    Very informative, thank you

  7. #57
    Member Matu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: More about IPSC (A FAQ thread)

    Hi guys, IPSC noob here.
    been at a few shoots and quite liking this sport.
    Thinking that production is the way to go.

    With regards to allowed firearms, I understand that the Glock 17 TB and the Glock 34 are not allowed as per http://www.ipsc.org/rules/proddiv.php
    Why is the glock 17 TB not allowed, purely because the barrel exceeds the 127mm measurements?
    If you were to machine the TB 1 mm or so (so that it wouldnt exceed the 127mm), would it be accepted?

  8. #58
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matu View Post
    Hi guys, IPSC noob here.
    been at a few shoots and quite liking this sport.
    Thinking that production is the way to go.

    With regards to allowed firearms, I understand that the Glock 17 TB and the Glock 34 are not allowed as per http://www.ipsc.org/rules/proddiv.php
    Why is the glock 17 TB not allowed, purely because the barrel exceeds the 127mm measurements?
    If you were to machine the TB 1 mm or so (so that it wouldnt exceed the 127mm), would it be accepted?
    Yes. It is because it exceeds thw barrel length limit.

    Chopping down the length of the barrel would also be in direct contravention of the rules... illegal modification.

  9. #59
    Member Matu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: More about IPSC (A FAQ thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    Yes. It is because it exceeds thw barrel length limit.

    Chopping down the length of the barrel would also be in direct contravention of the rules... illegal modification.
    makes sense! Thanks for the quick reply!

  10. #60
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,947

    Default Re: More about IPSC (A FAQ thread)

    Haven't actually been on the site for a very long time.

    Some rules have changed since this thread was started... addition of a few divisions (production optics and production optics light, although the latter is basically going the way of the dodo already)...

    Rules pertaining to allowable mods, and trigger pull weights in the now 3 different "production" divisions have changed.

    And, last but not least, my level of competitiveness has also changed... for the better.

    Times change.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •