Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Howa Owners

Default Re: Howa Owners

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedelight View Post
    So anyone else have to bush their firing pin?
    I had mine bushed. With small pistol primers at high loads I had some hang fires, and pierced primers. Since I had it done I haven't experienced it again.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Banned

You had your Howa bushed because it pierced pistol primers when shooting high pressure rifle loads with said primers ?
    Am I lost ?

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    You had your Howa bushed because it pierced pistol primers when shooting high pressure rifle loads with said primers ?
    Am I lost ?
    Typo, small rifle primers.

Banned

Hi Edwill, please exp[lain what the bushing did to aid the prevention of primers being pierced, I am novice to this occurrence and cause,reason - also rectifying. I know the reloading aspect, but this bushing matter is of interest to me.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Hi Edwill, please exp[lain what the bushing did to aid the prevention of primers being pierced, I am novice to this occurrence and cause,reason - also rectifying. I know the reloading aspect, but this bushing matter is of interest to me.
    We shooting 6 or 6.5 caliber with small rifle brass. The Howa bolt was designed with Large rifle in mind.

Basically if without it being bushed, you need to shoot a pretty hard primer to avoid cratering/piercing. I'm finally able to shoot Federal 210M in my rifle.

User

Went with my daughter to SWAT in Pretoria while visiting the in laws. Wanted to take a few shots with the Howa. 6 shots,one of the shots was my daughter trying out the 308. Ammo used was federal 180 grain soft point. 3A7192EB-9737-4E6F-BCA7-722B6A573C30.jpeg

User

can't get much better than that.

User

Thanks Sean. Wasn’t expecting to shoot like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MohamedD View Post
    Went with my daughter to SWAT in Pretoria while visiting the in laws. Wanted to take a few shots with the Howa. 6 shots,one of the shots was my daughter trying out the 308. Ammo used was federal 180 grain soft point. 3A7192EB-9737-4E6F-BCA7-722B6A573C30.jpeg
    That is really a good group !!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Edwill View Post
    We shooting 6 or 6.5 caliber with small rifle brass. The Howa bolt was designed with Large rifle in mind.

Basically if without it being bushed, you need to shoot a pretty hard primer to avoid cratering/piercing. I'm finally able to shoot Federal 210M in my rifle.

Can you please explain what bushing is in layman's terms? I have a friend who uses small rifle primers in his 6.5 Creedmoore and has pitting issues at what I would think are safe loads.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast