User

Question Barrel Porting (Magnaport)

Hi, anybody know if barrel porting is available locally, if so where please?

Rgrds

User

Default Re: Barrel Porting (Magnaport)

Magna-porting was done and patented by Larry Kelly in the USA IIRC. When that was all the rage, I seem to remember that he appointed a local gunsmith to do approved Magnaporting here in SA. Larry did hunt here, and apparently quite frequently. He is best known for his handgun hunting exploits.

The magnaporting consisted of 2 trapezoidal ports being EDM'd into the barrel, at around 11 and 1 o'clock positions, an inch from the muzzle. I recall handling a Ruger Redhawk belonging to the late Eddie Dunn that had these ports. That was many years ago. Not sure what has happened in the meantime, but I suspect the proliferation of muzzle brakes (not breaks!) has superceded the magnaporting.

User

Morning guys,

Like to resurrect this post, don't see the original question being answered, so it's still open, anyone know who does Magnaporting in SA?

Hay there.

Anybody ever figured out if this was available somewhere locally?

User

Maybe try asking Craig Klintworth from Mkonto, maybe he will be able to advise.