Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Pin Shooting Nationals 2017

The 2017 Pin Shooting Nationals will be held the weekend at the JMPD (Cecil Payne) shooting range in Roodepoort. Shooters from across the country are competing, with teams from Western Province, Limpopo and Gauteng represented.

Shooting starts tomorrow afternoon with mainly the rifle events. Light Rifle and Open Rifle semi-auto and manual on the rifle range, .22 Rifles (semi-auto and manual) on range 4, as well as Manual and Semi-Auto Carbines (i.e. pistol caliber lever actions). There will be some shotgun and .22 pistol action on range 9. The main events will be on range 9 on Saturday. These are the core events, Stock and Pin Gun, Stock and Pin Revolver, as well as 9-Pin Tipover. There will still be rifle shooting on the rifle ranges. Shotgun will be towards the afternoon. Pin Shooting is probably the most spectator friendly of the action shooting sports as you can actually see the targets being hit and most of the action is on one range. You therefore have a good idea what is going on and who is shooting well (or badly).

Spectators are welcome, Saturday morning will be the best for spectators. Spectators MUST have eye and ear protection. There will always be pin shooters available to explain the sport. You will have to sign in at the gate, tell security that you want to go to the pin shoot. There is a tuck shop.

User

Default Re: Pin Shooting Nationals 2017

Sounds like fun

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    Sounds like funSent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!
    Come and have a look and see real mind control! Plus some pretty cool guns. It is quite impressive when a bowling pin is hit by a .44 Magnum or 12 Br shotgun.

User

Congrats to our new SA Pin Shooting Champ, fellow Gunsiter "The Beast". You shot well and deserve the win.

User

Well done @Beast.

Congrats... wondered why you weren’t at the BDPC league shoot on Sat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I had the privilege shooting with Beast in the detail (our details consist of three shooters). It was a pleasure to see the care and professionalism he applies to his shooting, totally focused and nothing left to chance.

A-R did'nt do too shabbily either at 6th overall, but these days I think he is more focused on his four beautiful kids' shooting. I strongly suspect they get gunpowder in their coffee and over their porridge in the mornings! His son won the Pee-Wee category (13 yrs and under) against stiff opposition.

One positive aspect of the shoot was the number of Pee-Wees and Juniors competing. There were 14 of them, or 20% of the total of 70 shooters. The youngest shooter was about 8 years old. I think A-R's daughter was the youngest. The oldest was about 83 years of age.

User

Thanks for the kind words Katlagter. My baby is 7 years old. Yes, I do enjoy watching them all progress.

There is no gun powder in their diets, I need every little bit just to keep them shooting.

User

I have to give this a try sometime .

User

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    I had the privilege shooting with Beast in the detail (our details consist of three shooters). It was a pleasure to see the care and professionalism he applies to his shooting, totally focused and nothing left to chance.

A-R did'nt do too shabbily either at 6th overall, but these days I think he is more focused on his four beautiful kids' shooting. I strongly suspect they get gunpowder in their coffee and over their porridge in the mornings! His son won the Pee-Wee category (13 yrs and under) against stiff opposition.

One positive aspect of the shoot was the number of Pee-Wees and Juniors competing. There were 14 of them, or 20% of the total of 70 shooters. The youngest shooter was about 8 years old. I think A-R's daughter was the youngest. The oldest was about 83 years of age.
    Thanks to everyone that participated, the organizers (my home club) that worked tirelessly and a special thanks to my squad.

Katlagter is being very modest as he walked away with an arm full of medals. He won his division and came first overall in both pocket pistol and .22 manual action rifle. Coming 23rd overall. A result to be proud of.

The kids are always fun to see and they clearly had a good time.

It's a big family and wonderful that we can get together and have some fun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    I have to give this a try sometime .
    You mean the gunpowder in the coffee or pin shooting?

Seriously, pin shooting is one of the early and original action shooting games. Every action shooter should try IPSC, IDPA, Steel Challenge, Bianchi and Pin Shooting at least once in their life. I shall let you know when MTSC has their next pin shoot. Come and enjoy it with us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Katlagter is being very modest as he walked away with an arm full of medals. He won his division and came first overall in both pocket pistol and .22 manual action rifle. Coming 23rd overall. A result to be proud of.
    Thank you, Beast. Hopefully we'll see your son on the line soon; then the rest of us will have a chance with you attention divided!

I am now in the "old ballie" division where there are only a few of us, but I was satisfied with my shoot. The long barrel .44 Mag S&W Model 29 made a big difference to my revolver shooting. I also look forward to shooting the Glock 21 I bought from Proud Prado. Then I shall be using the same gun platform in 9-Pin (Glock 17), Stock & Pin Gun (Glock 21) and Pocket Pistol (Glock 26), which should help my consistency. Now, when is Glock bringing out a .22?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast