Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default HK USP COMPACT 45?

Hey Guys, New to the Forum,

Just had a few Questions. Im in the Process of Purchasing this Pistol and I wanted to get some Opinions on it from all you guys?

It it a good carry Pistol?? How Reliable is it? What ammo would you recommend for carry in this Pistol.

Thanks in advance for all the Input. ;D

Default Re: HK USP COMPACT 45?

Great gun! Get your self some 230gr Speer Gold dots for carry ammo ;)

Quote Originally Posted by rickyg

It it a good carry Pistol?? How Reliable is it?
    I will be a traitor to Glock and say yes and excellent....

I have owned one and sold it because it did not really fit me well, but it is a great pistol and very well suited to concealed carry. (I am in the US just so you know how I can buy and sell guns so easily, although that may be set to change soon with a new administration on the way in) Had it fit me better I would still have it...100%+ reliability with several different types of ammo and recoil was not bad at all for a small, light .45. Be aware that the full size USP .45 mags will not fit so get several spare 8 rounders and maybe look at the 10rd mags for the new HK45, which WILL fit IIRC.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

That was actually something I was just gonna ask about, How bad is the Recoil on it, because being farely new to this, I was a bit Worried that a Compact 45 would have a Sharp recoil making it difficult to get of quick shots if needed. confused0083

Quote Originally Posted by rickyg
    That was actually something I was just gonna ask about, How bad is the Recoil on it, because being farely new to this, I was a bit Worried that a Compact 45 would have a Sharp recoil making it difficult to get of quick shots if needed. confused0083
    Well it IS a small, light .45...not a 9mm...but I think it recoils no more than, say, my Sig P220 with lightweight frame...of course, recoil is subjective rather than 'objective'. You'll be fine with it, I am sure.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Hi RickyG, are you buying new?

Funny that you are getting one, i have one in the works, also a HK USPc in45ACP, where are you from?
    I own one or two HK pistols and they are exceptional, i own the USPc in 40SW and have decided to get a 45ACP as well, i would not, for personal preference, get a USP in 9mmP, just because, so then ill have iit in compact in 45 and 40.

I would imagine that recoil on the compact 45 will be stiff, remember that the bore axis on the HK is quite a bit higher then on say the Glock, for this reason the HK is prone to flip more then the Glocks and others with a low bore axis relative to the shooting hand. I can offer this as i have shot my HK USP in 40SW and it flips up quite a bit more then the Glocks i own in 40SW, and any other 40SW pistols and 45's i own, so it may be detremental to super fast follow up shots, the only other thing i dislike about the HK USPc in 45 is the limited amount of rounds in gun, (not good) only 8. I also believe that it is really wide and blocky and thus difficult to carry concealed and unknoticed. Why then you ask am i buying one. I have around 35 guns, and most are of the "carry gun" type and so i am a different kettle of fish, were i going to only own one or two guns, this would not be my choice.

I would go 40SW as it is a good caliber and can usually stuff double figures into its mags, which is preferable to single figures in most compact type 45ACP guns. Bear in mind that i sold my Glock 36 sub-compact(single stack 45ACP - 6 rds) in favour of the Glock 30 sub-compact (double stack 45ACP - 10rds) so for me capacity is a big consideration and so should it be to you if you may not always carry a spare, if you buy the HK USPc in 40SW, you will have 12 rounds in gun +1 if u carry one up, thats opposed to 6 in 45 +1, so think that you would have to change mags once in a fight where if you had 40SW you would have that capacity in gun.... grn1

Andy;

Just my personal feelings but I found the H&K in .45 to have more of a 'push' as opposed to the 'slap' of the .40, but no doubt the .40 is on a smaller frame and holds more rounds. As you noted in your second(?) paragraph, however, the H&K USPc holds 8 + 1 in .45, and the new HK 45 10 round mags will work in it as well (not the 12's of the USPf) so with two mags and 'one up' Ricky will have 17 rounds. I had little problem carrying mine in a Sparks Summer Special IWB when I had it.

I agree with the somewhat increased muzzle 'jump' or 'flip' of the H&Ks but that is really not a huge factor for many shooters, although it does bother some. Yes, I am sure the G30 might well get off more shots faster, but the cocked and locked H&K trigger is nice for those who prefer that system. I know several guys who just do not like Glocks for personal reasons and a couple carry the USPc in .45. Both can shoot them fine. I don't think Ricky will be badly armed at all, although I would not choose the USPc for my first SD pistol (actually the P2000 LEM in 9mm is my favorite of all the H&K line)
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Ikor, why would you not choose the USPc as your first SD pistol?

For an H&K I think the P2000 is a more advanced design and both smaller and easier to shoot, even though they use the same magazines. But then I almost always carry a 9mm Glock now and I really think the G19 is damned hard to beat for the money. (Here, the USP or P2000 is a great deal more expensive than a Glock) In fact I like the G19 so much I recently bought a second one. Fired it 50rd and boxed it back up the other day...spares are nice to have.

I own several .45s but rarely carry one with the exception of really hot summer days when I sometimes use my Lwt. Colt OM. I own only a single .40 as I am not a big fan of the caliber. That is my G23 with grip reduction and I will keep it 'just in case' since .40 is the most common LE caliber in the US now and who knows if I might need to call in a favor one day just to have ammo for a SD pistol...yes, it could happen here!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast