Default Info on Snakes in RSA - in 1 pic

I have been learning more about these fascinating animals - some info here on Gunsite, a lot from Johan Marais' books and also some info and help from local herp-fans. I am a big fan of the info by the African Snakebite Institute - they have a great facebook presence, do a lot of educating about snakes and their website is also a treasure trove of good info: http://www.africansnakebiteinstitute.com.

I particularly like their posters - here is one of them:
    Attachment 27145

User

Default Re: Info on Snakes in RSA - in 1 pic

Thanks sweet

Seen many a puff adder on the farm, we just call the snake guy who comes and relocates them

User

Johan Marais is good peoples. Also maybe concider doing one of his snake handlng courses, there you will get to understand the behaviour of snakes better. I've seen tannies very afraid of snakes walk away with a better understanding of snakes so he must be doing something right.

Thanks PDH - is this at your place near CW? Who do you get to relocate?

Thanks Gerrit - I see that he (or the ASI anyway) is doing some courses at Butterfly World (Paarl) in October, as well as at Cradle Moon Lodge (Muldersdrift?) this coming weekend.

User

Johan does stunning work, doing one of his courses is definitely on my wishlist. He does a lot of myth busting and educational work.I think many people would change their "shoot at first sight" mentality if they read some of his works..