Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Compact tactical light - recommendations please

I really love the Fenix PD20 but the best price I can find is R 595.00. This is unfortunately out of budget.

I estimate the PD20 to be the same length and only slightly thicker than a lip-ice/lobello.

Can anybody recommend to me a light which is equal in size, about 100-120 lumens, and R 300.00 or less???

User

I can't suggest any alt but I can tell u you won't be dissapointed with the fenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
    I really love the Fenix PD20 but the best price I can find is R 595.00. This is unfortunately out of budget.

I estimate the PD20 to be the same length and only slightly thicker than a lip-ice/lobello.

Can anybody recommend to me a light which is equal in size, about 100-120 lumens, and R 300.00 or less???
    The SF X300 is the 'gold standard' (R1400 or so now) but the Streamlite TLR-1 (R 850 or so) is also a really great light for the money (you can get three...almost four...for the price of two X300's) but neither is anywhere near to your price range. Consider, please, how much your life and those of your loved ones are worth.

Save up and get the good gear...also contact Roger for the Insight lights...they are not the equal of the X300 but they ain't bad!

What gun are you using now?
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Cape Union Mart also has a range of "tactical" flashlights at reasonable prices. My personal opinion is that they don't last with daily carry. My one is very bright but after two years now works intermittently.

User

Buy quality and only cry once.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Buy quality and only cry once.
    +1

User

Perhaps the ITP range from Hailstormza.com? I recently got one of the ITP tactical lights, works great, about 220 lumans or thereabouts and is a lot of value for money, costs around R400 I think.

I see the web site is currently offline. Message Khumba for more info.

User

The little iTP C7 is a 1xAA tac light that works quite well. Only around 100 lumen is standard form.
    Put a 3.7v 14500 lithium ion cell in and it will bump it up to 190. Same with the 2xAA tube.

What is your budget? R300 really the limit, stretch it a little.

I don't like the PD20 as a tactical light because of its reverse switch. If you want one then order from overseas for $61 with free shipping and 14% vat.

I also have a few Quark lights. The 1x123 older R2 tactical model is $50 including shipping.
    That would be the best choice really.

Dude you being ripped off big time,I can organise the pd30 for R550 and its not much bigger then the pd20 and is 235lumens incredible tac light trust me.

Let me know.

User

Just consider the use.

A good tac light allows for Momentary operation, a half press will put it on.
    Like what a Surefire does.

The Fenix P and L series use reverse switches, you press all the way till it clicks, then when you release the light comes on.
    Not ideal.

The Fenix T series all feature forward momentary switches.

The iTP C7 has a forward momentary, I saw Khumba selling them at what looked like clearance price.
    I'll take another one for that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast