Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Is that the one with the half-moon cut out on the front of the grip.
    I heard that it can pinch you when inserting a mag, and you also lose the curve of the lip and so a better grasp of the grip.

Why Glock thought that was a good idea is beyond me. Well I know why but surely they should've seen the cons before launching their Gen 5 range. Well they changed it after a while so at least they learnt after probably many complaints. Not such an issue on the G17 as the grip is longer.

But for R10 000 maybe someone is willing to overlook it and maybe buy a magwell to put over the cut out.
    Um no.

I've got 2500 through my first issue and it's never been an issue, AND I have used the half moon cut to strip a dirty mag at a match. There was thought behind it.

Default Re: Where is the best price for a Glock 19

User

Quote Originally Posted by nicofourie View Post
    The Gen 3 ain't a bargain, but the Gen 5 is going for a steal!

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

The best price for any firearm is the market related price at your trusted and local dealer. R500-1000 more than at some far off shop I don’t know is not the best price for me. At my local dealer I do sometimes pay a bit more for firearms, components, ammo, optics etc than what can be found when searching the web for specials, but I need my local dealer to stay in business. I am not talking about huge upward prices, those get discussed and he can decide about his offering then, but shopping for “specials” is not making sense for me, a rural bloke that needs the small town dealer open. What a awful day it would be if I am forced to travel to the city to buy some “cheap” ammo or whatever because the local dealer had to close down.

User

Best current price on a Gen 3 is Tactical HQ @ R7999. A lot of bang for your buck.

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

User

Personally if my budget was tight I'd draw the line at the gen 3, as the benefit IMO from it (and newer Generations) outweighs the small added cost vs the gen 2!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Personally if my budget was tight I'd draw the line at the gen 3, as the benefit IMO from it (and newer Generations) outweighs the small added cost vs the gen 2!
    Would a mint gen2 not be worth more as a collectable then an edc?

User

Quote Originally Posted by DstUrges View Post
    Would a mint gen2 not be worth more as a collectable then an edc?
    No, maybe if it was an (unfired) first edition Gen 1 it would hold value as a collectable/rare item!

I'd go so far to say that the second hand gen 2 in the ad IMO is over priced, considering that you can get a gen 3 for R8-9k!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast