Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Information on 7mm

Hi there guys. Can anyone please give advice on the following? I can get a Remmington 7mm Magnum with Leopold Scope as well as a 9mm Beretta pistol for R10 000. Is this a fair price and what is your opinion on these weapons, especially the rifle?

One concern for me from what I have heard is that the ammunition for the rifle is quite expensive, R30,00 per bullet?

I will appreciate your feedback.

Leeuloop.

Banned

If you had to buy all this new, it would cost much more so the purchase would be dependent on the conditions of the items. Prices range widely for most ammunition and can be as high as R800 per 20 and a 7mm Rem Mag is no exception. Reloading is the way to go if you intend shooting them often. R30 each for bullets is completely off the wall. Bullets are not even half that price, even if you buy the most expensive imported stuff in 7mm.

User

Gerard thanks for your commend. I also thought R30 per buller was a bit crazy.

User

Make sure you know what a bullet is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    Make sure you know what a bullet is.
    Yep , 30 Rand for a piece of lead and a copper jacket is pretty darn expensive, you would expect it to at least have a case , primer and propellant for that price.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post
    ........ you would expect it to at least have a case , primer and propellant for that price.

nailed it you baas ted!!

User

Leeuloop, are you interested in the 7mm magnum because you can get one at a fair price or have you always been interested in that calibre?

if you have always wanted a 7mm rmag, then go for it, and dont let any one tell you different.

BUT, if you are simply still looking for a hunting rifle i would suggest you do some research before simply deciding on the 7mm rmag. in my opinion the 7mm rmag is a good example of the piont of diminishing returns. this doesnt make the 7mm mag a bad hunting rifle on the contrary, it is one of the most popular calibres in the world. however, if you want a magnum for an all rounder give the 300wmag a look over. if you want a 7mm for general hunting check out the stats on the 270win or 7x64 brenneke. if you want a no nonsense hunting rifle then do some research on the 30-06.

7mm mag is a good calibre but it might not be for you, with our current gun laws one needs to make really sure the rifle you are buying is the one you need/like/enjoy.

User

Hi 300H&H how can someone with your handle ever ever recommend a 300 winmag this is just not on.

User

ok ok, if considering a magnum he should only look at the 300 Holland and Holland Magnum. less recoil than a 30-06 and same or slightly better performance than the 300wmag. now jmb, if someone takes my head of it is your fault.

User

He He. Seriously the only advantage a 300 win has over the H&H is the shorter action. The longer H&H case especially neck makes it much better out of a reloading perspective and of course the fact that it is a classic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast