Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Some advice on buying a home alarm system ?

Hi guys,

I'm new to home alarms, never really had one before.
    So, what's the "Glock/CZ" of alarm systems ? Paradox ? I don't want to end up buying a "Taurus Millenium" alarm system

Anyone recommend an installer in the JHB area which can offer sound advice and install an alarm ?

Thanks

User

Default Re: Some advice on buying a home alarm system ?

The Inhep equipment (Inhep Digital Security) is mostly locally made, and is well engineered.

User

IDS; Paradox and Texecom are all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Are you looking for an alarm linked to an armed response or an alarm which is linked to you only?

Linked to armed response - look for a company which is most active in your area, maybe chat to the neighbourhood watch in your area as they will advise...

Linked to you only - Get something where parts are available & most companies are able to repair if any. able to link to a gsm network for you to be alerted. best is to add a cctv system to your premises aswell...

No i do not work for an alarm company nor do i promote any...

User

I'd go for Paradox. Their systems are phenomenal. Easy enough to do a DIY, a tonne of add ons and all sorts of fancy sensors.
    My advice is go for the MG5050 and add wired zone cards onto it.

User

I have an MG5050 wireless system from Paradox. Bought and installed everything myself. Our local armed reaction company linked their radio to it without any issues. Paradox is well known and most armed reaction companies can use it.

It is super easy to install and set up, especially if you buy the usb connector and use their Babyware software to set it up.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    I have an MG5050 wireless system from Paradox. Bought and installed everything myself. Our local armed reaction company linked their radio to it without any issues. Paradox is well known and most armed reaction companies can use it. It is super easy to install and set up, especially if you buy the usb connector and use their Babyware software to set it up.

Plus 1 but I got a techy to install, was half the price of AR company quotes! Plus I got what I wanted and works.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfever View Post
    Plus 1 but I got a techy to install, was half the price of AR company quotes! Plus I got what I wanted and works.
    I am too paranoid to trust a 3rd party with the install. Being wireless, it is very easy to diy.

Banned

I have looked at local suppliers of Paradox, but the kits shown are so many and dont contain that which you might want. What sort of price would you pay for a wireless system of say 10 zones with IR detectors?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcam View Post
    Are you looking for an alarm linked to an armed response or an alarm which is linked to you only?
    Linked to an armed response. The local armed response is very active and most of the houses in our area have switched to them.

I've been eyeing the Paradox MG5050, looks really good and wireless is convenient.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast