Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Replacement barrel

Quote Originally Posted by neilh View Post
    Can’t comment on the barrel. I got a replacement slide with the same serial

Don’t expect a cheap experience
    If it is close to the price I paid, I will rather buy a new one, but then nee to know how to dispose the damaged one...

User

Just out of curiosity what ammo where you shooting? Which manufacturer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    Just out of curiosity what ammo where you shooting? Which manufacturer ?
    DENEL PMP 230g FMJ

I do my own reloading, but bought about 500 rounds 2 years ago with the Glock. Decided to shoot them this morning. the sh!t hit the fan at round 24

Loaded about 1200 rounds in t he past 2 years without any issues. I shot 100 rounds of this new ammo when I bought the GLOCK, and thereafter only my reloads. Never a single issue.

User

Big T will be able to help you with the replacement barrel and the legal procedure.

If you decide to get an aftermarket (non-OEM) barrel, it will also have to be licensed. There is a procedure for barrel replacement in the FCA, but some people have had difficulty with this. A gunsmith may be able to assist you.

Should you decide to replace the whole pistol, sell or donate the damaged one to a gunshop. The shop will take it off your name. The remaining parts are worth something.

User

T might be able to have a gunsmith roll the bulge out. You may get lucky.

User

Quote Originally Posted by OzzytheMozzy View Post
    I do my own reloading, but bought about 500 rounds 2 years ago with the Glock. Decided to shoot them this morning. the sh!t hit the fan at round 24
    Sounds like a under-powered (no powder) round caused a bullet to get stuck in your barrel, and the next one hit it there, causing the bulge. The lead is likely caused by the exposed lead in the base of the stuck bullet getting squashed out be the next one on impact.

You may have a valid claim against the ammo manufacturer!

What I fail to understand is how the pistol could have cycled if the bullet has not exited. The action is recoil-operated, and there should be zero recoil if the bullet doesn't exit. All the squibs I have witnessed on the range, on locked breech pistols, ended with the case not ejecting.

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Sounds like a under-powered (no powder) round caused a bullet to get stuck in your barrel, and the next one hit it there, causing the bulge. The lead is likely caused by the exposed lead in the base of the stuck bullet getting squashed out be the next one on impact.

You may have a valid claim against the ammo manufacturer!

What I fail to understand is how the pistol could have cycled if the bullet has not exited. The action is recoil-operated, and there should be zero recoil if the bullet doesn't exit. All the squibs I have witnessed on the range, on locked breech pistols, ended with the case not ejecting.
    The weird thing is, the slide was in the back position at the exact time the barrel got bulged, because the slide could not go forward due to the bulge in barrel

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by OzzytheMozzy View Post
    The weird thing is, the slide was in the back position at the exact time the barrel got bulged, because the slide could not go forward due to the bulge in barrel

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Usually the "barrel bushing" part of the slide gets wedged over the bulge from the front, and is then stuck there. Depends on the position of the bulge of course.

If the bulge in your barrel is sticking out the front of the slide, then it won't be possible to dismantle the gun or remove the barrel from the slide. Would be higly irregular. Can you maybe post a pic or 2?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast