Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Replacement barrel

Bring it into the office and let us have a look. We can then look at options.

If I’m not there you can book it in and leave it with the guys.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Usually the "barrel bushing" part of the slide gets wedged over the bulge from the front, and is then stuck there. Depends on the position of the bulge of course.

If the bulge in your barrel is sticking out the front of the slide, then it won't be possible to dismantle the gun or remove the barrel from the slide. Would be higly irregular. Can you maybe post a pic or 2?
    It could have been an under loaded round as in it had enough powder to move the bullet half way into the barrel and cycle the slide but not enough for it to exit the barrel...

As always boys and girls, be safe out there!

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

Usually the "barrel bushing" part of the slide gets wedged over the bulge from the front, and is then stuck there. Depends on the position of the bulge of course.

If the bulge in your barrel is sticking out the front of the slide, then it won't be possible to dismantle the gun or remove the barrel from the slide. Would be higly irregular. Can you maybe post a pic or 2?
    Will take some pics tonight. The bulge and the guide hole in slide is almost the same size. I managed to take it apart. I wedged the barrel upwards and tapped it with a rubber mallet.
    In slide assrmble mode,If you push the barrel through the slide along the normal path, it get stuck. If you lift the barrel slightly away from slide, it goes in...
    Bulge is about .5mm bigger than barrel std size

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sounds like a under-powered (no powder) round caused a bullet to get stuck in your barrel, and the next one hit it there, causing the bulge. The lead is likely caused by the exposed lead in the base of the stuck bullet getting squashed out be the next one on impact.

You may have a valid claim against the ammo manufacturer!

What I fail to understand is how the pistol could have cycled if the bullet has not exited. The action is recoil-operated, and there should be zero recoil if the bullet doesn't exit. All the squibs I have witnessed on the range, on locked breech pistols, ended with the case not ejecting.
    How accurate is it to measure the complete round (bullet case primer and powder) to see deviation in loads?. Take in mind it it DENEL PMP factory rounds. I measured the rounds last night and got a 4.7gn difference in total weight...

User

Variance of bullet weight + variance of case weight is typically heavier than the difference in powder charge you're looking to measure

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    Variance of bullet weight + variance of case weight is typically heavier than the difference in powder charge you're looking to measure
    My issue is, I dont want to pull the bullets to measure the powder, because then I don't have any evidence that it was under-powered... will Denel be able to differentiate between new and reloads? Any ideas to where I can go to do tests on the ammo?

User

Quote Originally Posted by OzzytheMozzy View Post
    Will they issue me with the same barrel number?
    That used to be the case, not sure if that still is though.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzytheMozzy View Post
    Bulge is about .5mm bigger than barrel std size
    A small bulge in a pistol barrel is not a show stopper.

I would ask a gunsmith to confirm they can lathe it back to true, and use it like that.

The pistol will not shoot any different.

User

Running a lathe over the bulge will weaken the barrel at that point. Roll press and mike to confirm would be a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    A small bulge in a pistol barrel is not a show stopper.

I would ask a gunsmith to confirm they can lathe it back to true, and use it like that.

The pistol will not shoot any different.
    Hi as per above I had a similar experience with my g26 - small bulge on the barrel from squib load- took it a gunsmith and he managed to repair it. Still shooting with it at least once a month without any hiccups or loss of accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast