Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Report of the high level panel

Hi Guys.
    I have to admit that I am also having a really hard time believing what I am reading from 'The High Level Panel'.
    The timing of which is very suspicious given the 'proposed' amendments to the 2000 Firearms Act.
    If it's of any consolation, Martin Hood (and others) are well aware of the nonsense being 'spouted' and have already raised their concerns with SAPS; even though once again SAPS do rather seem to be having a different agenda to the rest of the (legal) firearm owning community.
    We are all about to be 'shafted' of that I am in no doubt.
    Please, if you own a firearm (even if you don't) join one of the gun owners/hunting associations (GOSA, SAGA, NHSA,SAHGCA etc).
    I am convinced that the only way that we will be able to keep our (legal) firearms is by having a united front and the money to fight unfair legislation through the courts.
    Government has 'a disarm the people agenda' and unlimited resources (ie all our tax monies) to, if left unchecked, to bring about the total removal of firearms from decent law abiding South Africans...This cannot be allowed to happen !
    Regards.
    Keith.

Default Re: Report of the high level panel

Quote Originally Posted by keithbatkins View Post
    Renew licences every three years ?
    Somebody has a really weird sense of humour !
    I take that as tongue in cheek. It is just another way of increasing our difficulties. In the run up to the enactment of the FCA renewal was included at the behest of GFSA as a barrier to ownership. No claim was made that it would improve public safety - GFSA openly punted it as a barrier. "Raise barriers" they said. Azhar Cachalia told the Goldstone Commission that the ANC wanted total prohibition but that it was considered politically impossible, so it would be imposed incrementally. Chipping away with impositions like increasing the frequency of renewal is one method of "incremental."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2