Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Ruger PC Carbine

AR, mine also the standard version with standard stock. There will be an “allen cap” right on top. It is the only screw/bolt you will see on the top side of the whole rifle (except for sight screws). It is a small and short little thing! If it loosens till falling out it will get lost easily.

I use the newer Glock mags. Those 2 stovepipes were the only feeding problems in about 1300-1500 rounds. It must have been that loose screw.

I also enjoy open sighted plinking from time to time. Witj the open sights. 100 mm plates at 50 m keeps on ringing…..

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    AR, mine also the standard version with standard stock. There will be an “allen cap” right on top. It is the only screw/bolt you will see on the top side of the whole rifle (except for sight screws). It is a small and short little thing! If it loosens till falling out it will get lost easily.

I use the newer Glock mags. Those 2 stovepipes were the only feeding problems in about 1300-1500 rounds. It must have been that loose screw.

I also enjoy open sighted plinking from time to time. Witj the open sights. 100 mm plates at 50 m keeps on ringing…..
    Thanks.

I will look and apply some Locktite.

User

Looked up the correct name:

Barrel block screws

1 on top
    2 on sides, these two behind stock.

When dissasembling for cleaning I will apply locktite to them as well.

Regarding cleaning: How far do you strip for cleaning the bolt? I am a lazy gunowner with regards to cleaning. Have only removed the bolt once for proper cleaning. I just spray a bit of ballistol onto moving parts from time to time, a decent spray, and wipe of the excess. I load with S121 and VVN340 and the bolt stays clean enough.

The barrel I clean after about every 300-400 rounds.

User

I've been looking at these for a while, yesterday I popped in at S&O Stellenbosch and checked out a few long guns....started off at the lever actions, then to the amazing CZ 457 with a MDT stock.....then looked at some handguns. About 20mins later the sales guy said check this out it came in last week, its the Ruger Back packer, PC carbine with a magpul set up. 5 minutes later I started with the paperwork, the quality and the set up is really spot on the money. Paid R26k, considering the CZ scorpion is the same price I opted for the takedown feature and it felt less plastic than the scorpion. Maybe I'm just biased because I am a Ruger fan boy at times! Now the licensing wait begins.

User

User

Congratulations on a great buy!

There is nothing “feeling plastic” on the Ruger when compared to a Scorpion! You made the right choice.

Hope licensing is quick.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Guy View Post
    I've been looking at these for a while, yesterday I popped in at S&O Stellenbosch and checked out a few long guns....started off at the lever actions, then to the amazing CZ 457 with a MDT stock.....then looked at some handguns. About 20mins later the sales guy said check this out it came in last week, its the Ruger Back packer, PC carbine with a magpul set up. 5 minutes later I started with the paperwork, the quality and the set up is really spot on the money. Paid R26k, considering the CZ scorpion is the same price I opted for the takedown feature and it felt less plastic than the scorpion. Maybe I'm just biased because I am a Ruger fan boy at times! Now the licensing wait begins.
    I also chose the Ruger PCC from a bunch of PCCs.

Sometimes the notion of having bought a 16” 9mm makes me furious, but all that goes away when I’m actually behind the gun. Ridiculously accurate and built like a tank.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7