Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
This thread is a bit tedious,but here is a question for our concerned overseas members.

Whilst your passion for the topic is admirable and may nor may not necessarily be a 100% factually accurate,my question is this:

Thank you for this concern for our well being,and that you are appalled enough into taking the time to care,no sarcasm!

What are you doing besides posting on SA forums?

Are you in fact actively lobbying the authorities,mobilizing public opinion on that side to put pressure on the regime on this side?

PS:Your voices of concern holds much higher value than dodgy "journalists" with baggage looking for controversial airtime.
I really don't get this. Would you rather our overseas members not give a damn about the ongoing slaughter of our farmers?

Why is it a case of either they must be committed activists, or they must shut up? Why can't they be somewhere inbetween? And incidentally, from the discussion above I imagine those local activists who do try to lobby the UN and other international bodies about the gravity of the situation will also elicit criticism for their actions.

The PC narrative on this very real issue is something I find very disturbing. Anyway, this is a topic one gets drawn into despite your best intentions, because it is so emotive.

Nothing can be gained from arguing amongst ourselves on an internet forum. I just felt a sense of shame for leaving Tango Sierra to fight the good fight alone. I'm sure MANY others feel the same, but have the good sense to stay out of it and not turn this thread into the endless debate it is really not suited for.

I would recommend closing this thread, because it is never going to end in happiness and agreement all round the table.