User

Default Edge Pro Knife sharpening Poducts

Hi All

Anyone know if there is a South African Stockist of Edge Pro Knife sharpening Poducts.

Regards
    Tarmac

User

Default Edge Pro Sharpening Systems

Have taken the plunge and ordered a system from the States. They are not cheap at $575 per system.

We'll see how it works!!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by tarmac View Post
    Have taken the plunge and ordered a system from the States. They are not cheap at $575 per system.

We'll see how it works!!!
    Eish, Im sure I have seen the higher end systems being sold for just over $200 when I looked around earlier this year. Hope I'm wrong for your sake though.

User

Default Re: Edge Pro Knife sharpening Poducts

My Edge Pro Sharpening system has just arrived from the States. Absolutely awesome!! Have to put it to use to see how it works. It does seem a tad expensive for what you get, but I first want to see how it sharpens knives before saying any more!!

The Edge Pro is a great system to give you mirror finishes. Look at this thread. Post 53.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...=751198&page=3

The knife is an Andrew Demco Custom with CPM 154. Andrew is the inventor of the Tri-Ad lock used by Cold Steel these days. Most people in the states use the Edge Pro to re-profile an edge and then the Sharpmaker to just do touch-ups.

Enjoy your Edge Pro!

User

Congrats Tarmac! I'm definitely envious.
    Martinus: I have come to the conclusion that putting a mirror finish on your knife is nowhere as difficult as I first though. A little bit of compound on a leather strop and you're all set. Took me all of 5 minutes. :)

Zenbaas

O yes I agree! This is the type of edge I like to do when I reprofile a knife and then just maintain it on a TurnBox Lansky kit at 20* angle on fine stones. The 20* maintenance angle creates a nice micro bevel and this combined with the bevel you see here (17*) I have found to work great in my chores.

I would love to get proper Japanese whetstones but boy are they pricey! With all the new types of steels these days I read a lot of people saying you either need an EdgePro or go to diamond rods to reprofile, so I see myself making that change in my near future as I move to D2 and CPM M4. The current stones for re-profiling I have are old (my fathers Lansky system, silicone benchstone) and it takes me almost an hour on the coarse stone to re-profile a S30V blade. So I can only guess how long D2 or CPM M4 would take.

User

Hi all, I ordered my edge pro apex from here:

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/edge-pro-sharpener.html

They ship to SA. I ordered the Naniwa Chosera kit extra and must recommend them, they are a huge step up in stone quality(not that edge pro is bad, chosera is amazing!)

After using it I cannot imagine any other way of sharpening, it's so accurate!

Check out knife forums.com sub forum keeping sharp for all sorts of tips on how to deal with varying stone thickness(stop coller) accurate angle measurements, extra stones strops and pastes and other general obsession about sharpness.

I'm still learning everyday!

Cheers! Enjoy scary sharp knives!