Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Quote Originally Posted by fkritzinger View Post
    I have a silent hunter on my 6.5x55.. it works as expected, breaks recoil, and reduces bang. It is good, BUT, it is not a GREAT suppressor. for the money, they are wonderful.

I have to say, the Sus-Tac I have on my 338WM is exponentially better, but it cost almost 3 times as much as a Silent Hunter supressor.
    I had a similar experience. Had a huntbuddy(improved model), then changed to the warrior. For the price, the silent hunter works but there are better/lighter options but at a higher price.

User

Default Re: Silencer Bloemfontein

6.5x55 Howa, so might work
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    What caliber? There is a nice Numenor silencer for a 308 rifle advertised on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Silencer Bloemfontein

Makes sense to me, but the silencer will only be used on the range and when hunting in the Free State plains, in the bush I probably won't use it as most are too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Take the following into consideration when picking silencer.

The size of it. You dont want a huge silencer sitting in front.
    Also the weight.

Both of these can influence the barrel harmonics. And change PoI, and effect accuracy. More so on standard barrels over Varmint barrels.

Long silencers does not look good. And makes your rifle total length very long.

Ive got a short SL5 98mm on my 308. Which works brilliant. But regrettably as with Sustac. They are more pricey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2