Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 891
  1. #881

    Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

    Hi

    yeah I can confirm they have started printing again, however they have decided to start with security company cards for whatever reason, I checked today and the DFO (Sandton) only came back with literally 10 cards only for security companies. Now the kicker is that if they don't bring a hell of a lot of cards that are long overdue by next Thursday, we're waiting till next year March or so for the cards. The other issue is that CFR is planning to shutdown for the next 3 months and throw out all of the applications they've got so as to start afresh. I'm not 100% sure how true thus is, but it's what I've been told.

  2. #882

    Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?


    If anyone has an update regarding the collecting of firearms with a license printout please could you let us know on the thread. I've had two licenses approved about 7 or 8 weeks ago and I'm really wasting petrol money going to and from the DFO to see if the cards are there. Also these storage fees are really getting out of hand waiting for a damn piece of plastic

  3. #883
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sandton
    Age
    29
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tau01 View Post
    Hi

    yeah I can confirm they have started printing again, however they have decided to start with security company cards for whatever reason, I checked today and the DFO (Sandton) only came back with literally 10 cards only for security companies. Now the kicker is that if they don't bring a hell of a lot of cards that are long overdue by next Thursday, we're waiting till next year March or so for the cards. The other issue is that CFR is planning to shutdown for the next 3 months and throw out all of the applications they've got so as to start afresh. I'm not 100% sure how true thus is, but it's what I've been told.
    I've been struggling to get through to the CFR since last week Thursday, just to get through yesterday morning and be told that the "system is down"... So I've still got no idea whether my card from the 13th of October has been printed or not, highly doubt that it has. Last time I collected my card from Sandton they didn't know it was there, I only knew because CFR told me it was printed and collected by my DFO on said day. Hence I was very fortunate to be able to collect it the morning thereafter.

  4. #884
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    1,158

    Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

    I am awaiting a card 10 weeks now. Eastern Cape.

  5. #885

    Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I've been struggling to get through to the CFR since last week Thursday, just to get through yesterday morning and be told that the "system is down"... So I've still got no idea whether my card from the 13th of October has been printed or not, highly doubt that it has. Last time I collected my card from Sandton they didn't know it was there, I only knew because CFR told me it was printed and collected by my DFO on said day. Hence I was very fortunate to be able to collect it the morning thereafter.
    Yeah I've also been trying to get through to CFR recently but nobody picks up the phone. From what I've been told by the DFO, they stopped printing about 2 or so months ago and have only resumed last week, or this week. So they're pretty much going to be playing catch up for a while.

  6. #886

    Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tau01 View Post
    Hi

    yeah I can confirm they have started printing again, however they have decided to start with security company cards for whatever reason, I checked today and the DFO (Sandton) only came back with literally 10 cards only for security companies. Now the kicker is that if they don't bring a hell of a lot of cards that are long overdue by next Thursday, we're waiting till next year March or so for the cards. The other issue is that CFR is planning to shutdown for the next 3 months and throw out all of the applications they've got so as to start afresh. I'm not 100% sure how true thus is, but it's what I've been told.
    Traditionally CFR closes 15 December and really only starts working again about 1 February

  7. #887
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,371

    Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

    I was under the impression they worked through the festive season, maybe that was only one particular season? Certainly doesn’t sound like their style I must admit.

  8. #888
    Member VNI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Alberton
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

    Printing a card takes literally a few seconds. Even on the most standard machine. They should be able to catch up in less than a week, but alas, I realize how naive I am even while typing this.

  9. #889

    Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

    Quote Originally Posted by VNI View Post
    Printing a card takes literally a few seconds. Even on the most standard machine. They should be able to catch up in less than a week, but alas, I realize how naive I am even while typing this.
    Come to think of it, there are far less FA license cards to print when comparing to RSA ID cards or Drivers' License cards so surely if they are serious about clearing their backlog they should be able to do so in about 10 working days or so.

  10. #890

    Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

    Quote Originally Posted by VNI View Post
    Printing a card takes literally a few seconds. Even on the most standard machine. They should be able to catch up in less than a week, but alas, I realize how naive I am even while typing this.
    yeah that's 100% true, but at the end of the day we are talking about the government here, so they're plagued by inefficiency, worker shortage and down right laziness.

Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •