Page 91 of 129 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Are you sure the shop will be charging you ?
    Most have dropped storage fees due to slow SAPS if you can show them you have applied. Even if the paperwork says they may charge.
    Its more a way of them making sure people dont sit around forever before applying.

They all understand and are in the same boat we are.

If they are charging I wouldn't go back to that shop next time
    I think it is not the same for buying a new firearm, they dont charge for that.

But buying a second hand firearm and keeping it safe at a dealer will cost you monthly storage.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PaPaBeeR View Post

But buying a second hand firearm and keeping it safe at a dealer will cost you monthly storage.
    Exactly this, mine was stored as a sort of favour. Was a last minute deal on a second hand gun. There will be storage fees, 2 years now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PaPaBeeR View Post

Some gunshops only gives 6month storage free when applying for a new firearm, and then there is only a hand full that will give you 12 months free storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawie_102 View Post
    Some gunshops only gives 6month storage free when applying for a new firearm, and then there is only a hand full that will give you 12 months free storage.
    A number of the bigger ones in JHB and PTA currently charge no storage fee for new firearms as long as you have proof you have applied timeously.
    And the nice ones even let you shoot it on their range while waiting the 1 year+ for the license.

Morning all.

@snow – I said I will keep you updated with any progress.

On my way to work I decided to pop in at my DFO and see if there has been any progress.

I walked in, asked if they can check if my FA Licence arrived.

Firstly, I had to go through the series of questions because it appears to be easier to interrogate you than have a look if the licence is there. So, the conversation went something along these lines:

Me: “Hello, just want to check if my FA Licence arrived?”

DFO: (with a sigh) “When did you apply?”

Me: “My application date is not relevant, but I have been approved on the 13th of October”

DFO: “It takes around 4 months after being approved before we get it, so we should have it by February”

Me: “That does not sound accurate, but in the meantime can you check please?”

DFO: “Did you get an SMS?”

Me: “No, but I also still haven’t received an SMS for my Competency which was approved in the beginning of the year, so I rather just check than wait for the SMS.”

DFO: “sighs…” ask for my surname and starts going through around 20 envelopes… nothing. Then picking up another pile of cards, not in envelopes, which have anything between 50 and a hundred cards I presume.

I am standing there with very low expectations.

DFO: “What is your initials?”

Me: Giving my initials.

DFO: “It is you lucky day”.

Me: “Excuse me?” I though I did not hear correctly.

DFO: Says nothing, just start typing on the computer.

Me: “Has it arrived?”

DFO: “Please sign here for you card.”

So long story to say that after 2 years of going through competency and section 13 licencing process I received my card this morning.

I will go collect my FA this afternoon.

The shop I bought my FA from happily kept my FA at no additional charges. I bought on the 20th of December last year, so bit more than a week shy of a year from buying to collecting.

@Gwuanie, thank you for your update and I am so happy that you finally received your license. I was approved on the same date as you and same as you I did not received any "Approved" text message so maybe I should go visit my DFO as well instead of sitting hoping to receive a call or SMS to come collect my license.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    @Gwuanie, thank you for your update and I am so happy that you finally received your license. I was approved on the same date as you and same as you I did not received any "Approved" text message so maybe I should go visit my DFO as well instead of sitting hoping to receive a call or SMS to come collect my license.
    Thank you @Tony T.

I checked the week before last with them and it wasn’t there yet. It came either last week or earlier this week but I suspect it was sometime this week. Depending on where you live, it may take a few days more so hopefully yours might be there by latest next week.

From my experience, I will encourage to drop by your DFO next week and ask them to check.

User

Approved 30/09/2021
    Received call from DFO yesterday (08/12/2021) to collect card.
    Gauteng (East rand)

Guys some good news...
    seems like everyone’s license cards are coming throught! My brothers two license cards came through..approved in February 2021 and October 2021
    Phoned the gun stores and they confirmed many people have came in today to pick up there FA....so if you have an approval,I would encourage you to go pass your DFO(yes yes my DFO is as unreliable as you can get too)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Muji View Post
    Guys some good news...
    seems like everyone’s license cards are coming throught! My brothers two license cards came through..approved in February 2021 and October 2021
    Phoned the gun stores and they confirmed many people have came in today to pick up there FA....so if you have an approval,I would encourage you to go pass your DFO(yes yes my DFO is as unreliable as you can get too)
    I can confirm - my DFO picked up cards yesterday and I collected it today. My new pistol is now in my safe :D

Page 91 of 129 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast