Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Attempted highjacking/armed robbery averted — Woodlands, Pretoria

So the BG's wanted to hijack the Prado in front of a security access gate - where there are obviously guards

With the current Gun Free BS, the BG's knows the guards are unarmed and response will be minutes away

As Tayls said - always carry and always be prepared!!

Estates is not the be all and end all security solution

User

It’s a pity we can’t see the exact actions of the driver of the Prado. I’m really struggling with how to draw your FA while seated, while being caught unawares, and successfully prevent such a robbery. Yes, I know it requires training, I’m just trying to visualize the mechanics required to be successful.

User

They came up to the gate with some speed - possibly realized they were being followed and hoped the estate security being at the gate will deter the BG's

Maybe he has drawn already

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    They came up to the gate with some speed - possibly realized they were being followed and hoped the estate security being at the gate will deter the BG's

Maybe he has drawn already
    I was hijacked in driveway few years ago. There I realised that, if you don't have gun in hand ready and waiting for them by the time they reach your vehicle, it is too late.

That is why situational awareness is so important and your first line of defence. You can either remove yourself from situation before it goes down, or at least be ready when it does.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BandK View Post
    It will be interesting to hear how a visiting Oz-guy (tourist) was allowed to carry a handgun (unless a hunting handgun, which I assume is easier to get a permit for)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wondered the same thing.... I guess that the only plausible options are (a) that the tourists were being driven by a local SA person who EDC's; or (b) the Aussie tourist was perhaps an ex-SA citizen who is still in the process of moving to Oz and, as such, perhaps still has FA's licenced to him (and which are being stored for him by somebody here in SA).

These were 2 PDPC members, husband and wife. Haven't had a face to face feedback session yet.
    The story as I have it so far;
    The BG's ran up and smashed a car window with a ball peen hammer, nor sure which window, as the driver reached for his EDC firearm they high tailed it out of Dodge!
    He is best who is trained in the severest school! Fear no man.

User

What does PDPC stand for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretoria Defensive Pistol Club
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Snap

User

Very scary thought to be in that situation.... but always be a good boy scout and always be prepared.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2