User

Default Roboguard advice and tips.

I recently started the investment in this equipment, i really like the idea of it but I am having a problem with the bark that the HQ puts out when the beam is tripped, it doesn't seem nearly as loud as my friends unit.

Someone mentioned on a thread 6 years ago that one can make it a touch louder, can anyone help out with how to do this?

I have a siren attached to the unit but that only activates with the remote arming, which I don't want active whilst i'm home.

I have set the unit up where the staff that live in my garden frequent a path to the house so that I can test the unit and get used to the alarms etc. When they wake up in the morning and trip the beam on the way out I don't wake up at the bark of HQ, which is pointless, and the idea of putting it where it will get tripped everyday was so that i would hear it and wake up at the sound.

I thought any general tips on the roboguard set up will be useful to other members to find at a later stage.

Thanks

Default Re: Roboguard advice and tips.

Hi Trayton

I have to say mine is not overly load, but I do wake up from it. My wife on the other hand does not even notice when it goes off.
    But I am a light sleeper.

User

Default Roboguard advice and tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    I recently started the investment in this equipment, i really like the idea of it but I am having a problem with the bark that the HQ puts out when the beam is tripped, it doesn't seem nearly as loud as my friends unit.

Someone mentioned on a thread 6 years ago that one can make it a touch louder, can anyone help out with how to do this?

I have a siren attached to the unit but that only activates with the remote arming, which I don't want active whilst i'm home.

I have set the unit up where the staff that live in my garden frequent a path to the house so that I can test the unit and get used to the alarms etc. When they wake up in the morning and trip the beam on the way out I don't wake up at the bark of HQ, which is pointless, and the idea of putting it where it will get tripped everyday was so that i would hear it and wake up at the sound.

I thought any general tips on the roboguard set up will be useful to other members to find at a later stage.

Thanks
    I had a Roboguard system on my house for a good 4 years and I can honestly say the bark on the hq was not overly loud.
    I say was because I changed to paradox wireless system.
    The Roboguard system was just too temperamental and had to change batteries once a year,kept losing zones, not loud enough etc.

Anyway from what I can remember you can Connect an external siren to the hq of your
    Volume choice 10w,30w etc.

IIRC there’s even guys that put “silent“ hi-frequency external sirens that only wakes up the pets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk