Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Collecting guns on SAPS printout.

I have dealt with two dealers, one allowed it ,one says it’s illegal and absolutely not allowed. Any clarity on this from a dealer? I have a G43 waiting to come home, still no card.. I am looking forward to collecting it but don’t want to be on the wrong side of the law.

User

Default Re: Collecting guns on SAPS printout.

It makes sense that the card is not the license but proof that the gun is licensed to your person. You are required to provide proof that the firearm is licensed to you when an officer requests it and a printout should suffice as it is proof.

The shops are equally afraid of being on the wrong side of the law and err on the side of caution.

Instead if being united for our rights.

Sorry if i am hijacking this...
    If i dont get my card in time for hunting season can i use said printout and take the rifle hunting? Bought from private owner/ friend

User

Question is - will your DFO give you a print out.

When I asked my DFO he said it is not legal to collect on a printout so he refused.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Banned

For a time DFO's played along and gave printouts, which the gun shops accepted. If memory serves correct it was two or three years ago that DFO's got a directive or order which caused them to stop doing it. As the news became known some gun shops fell in.

User

The DFO is willing to give a printout if all you want to do is have scope mounted or silencer fitted. In the Free State they refuse to allow the gun to leave the store with a printout. Provincial DFO said technically you could get the gun, but legally you can't travel with it or use it without licence card, believe me I tried talking Kloppers into letting me take the gun.

This is all nonsense. If you lose your card you are still the licensed owner. By rights if a licenae has been granted in terns of the act you should be able to collect your gun. Same as if you dont have your license card after passing yiur licence for drivers they issue you a temp one (read 4.1.4).

I suspect they dont want you to collect on tge 4.1.4 print out as it would be rather easy to forge a copy
    Much harder then to try the same thing with the card. They are full full of it. And dont expect that to ever change. When it cones to firearms they will be as difficult as they can be every time. And would never intentionally give a concession to help us out

User

And yet when you pass your drivers license you get issued at temporary license while you wait for the card. Why can’t this work with FA licenses as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

And your temporary is valid for 6months even if you only need it for a week or 2

User

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast