Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Collecting guns on SAPS printout.

Quote Originally Posted by William.kriel View Post
    In a perfect world the dealer should be able to check on a online system if a license was allocated to a individual, cards can also be forged
    And the card will be of better quality :)

User

Default Collecting guns on SAPS printout.

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    By the time one gets that will be after the card arrives!
    All it will be is another hoop and another cost for responsible gun owers.
    The temp license is a print out issued immediately. It has your picture covered with a tamper proof tape. It takes minutes to make and the cost is around R60 iirc. Of course you have the option not to get one if you would rather wait for your drivers license card. Why could the same system not work for FA licenses? Especially if there are delays in printing the cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

At my DFO, in Limpopo Province there is a letter on the wall of the DFO from Gen.Maj. Scheepers (Think only the Provincial Commissioner is higher in rank in the province) than him, specifically instructing DFO's that they are not allowed to supply a print out of license approvals. End of story. Wait for the card, that is the rule.

Here on the platteland we are even waiting longer. When cards at last get printed they go to provincial office in Polokwane. From there it is collected by DFO's from the stations who sometimes only go to the provincial office to hand in applications and receive new cards every 6-8 weeks. So, hand in application till received at province can take 2 months. From approval to card printed a certain time and then it happens that a card is at provincial, but the DFO is only going there again in 6-8 weeks. I have received cards that is 5 months after the approval date due to this system.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    The temp license is a print out issued immediately. It has your picture covered with a tamper proof tape. It takes minutes to make and the cost is around R60 iirc. Of course you have the option not to get one if you would rather wait for your drivers license card. Why could the same system not work for FA licenses? Especially if there are delays in printing the cards.

Simply because the authorities do not want to make it any easier and to the contrary do all they can to make it more difficult on all aspects of the licencing process starting from the 350 issue and onwards in the process.

Anyway, there is not much consistency in which way the rules are made and followed.

The gunshop owner was not there yesterday and the staff told me that they are not allowed to hand it over on the printout. One guy really annoyed me.

I received a phone call from the owner this morning to apologies and said I am more than welcome to collect it this afternoon.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post

Every DFO must then be equipped to do this and that will never happen.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Banned

The DFO should accompany you to the gun shop...my DFO came to my place of work and told me my competency renewal had been approved

Hi. I know this is an old thread.

What's the stance currently?
    Will it make a difference since there's now the app that says that the license is approved...
    Also the gunshop can check saps website with the buyers ID number and F/A serial number...

User

Quote Originally Posted by KM02 View Post

Will it make a difference since there's now the app that says that the license is approved...
    Also the gunshop can check saps website with the buyers ID number and F/A serial number...
    Still not done. You see, they want to make it as difficult as possible. And then you also get the odd dfo here and there that want to force their nonexistent authority down on members of the public and dealers alike

User

Quote Originally Posted by KM02 View Post

Nope, still not happening. DFO have by and large made this impossible

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast