Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Collecting guns on SAPS printout.

I have heard a few gunshops allowing it. A friend collected his ar15 on a printout.

User

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    I have heard a few gunshops allowing it. A friend collected his ar15 on a printout.
    Some DFO's give printouts and some shops allows collection with it, but they are not really allowed to. Seems that SAPS directives trumps the law.

Banned

Nobody will know....IF you don't do something stupid before the card arrives or get stopped in a road block...IF I owned a gunshop I certainly would not take the risk...It's also a bit unfair if certain shops to do it as this would most certainly encourage sales...

Hi gents. I know this thread is long dead but i need some clarity on how this printout thing works.

From what i understand, some dealers release firearms with a printout and some don't - is this correct? If so whats the reasoning?

Are we entitled to get printouts from our DFOs without any hassle?

I was told that if I get a printout, the dealer will release the firearm on condition that my DFO signs an affidavit stating that he gave me the printout so that i can collect the firearm... is this normal and is it a hassle to get it done?

If all goes smooth and i end up getting the firearm on a printout will it be legal for me to take it to the rage? Or is the printout merely for storing the firearm?

Thanks in advance!

User

Hope this helps to answer your question to some degree. You can forward the video to 18 minutes and watch from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    Hope this helps to answer your question to some degree. You can forward the video to 18 minutes and watch from there.

Thanks. So from what i get it seems like this entire issue is ambiguous and we waiting for the court to clarify things for us.

User

I have said this many times, they should do a temp license similar to what you get for your drivers license. Printed at station level (this is already done for S21 anyway). I know all recipients will gladly pay the fee for a temp license anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why should you pay for a temp license? Just give a printout and stamp it. Dealer can verify using the website if the license was indeed issued or not or at worst could call CFR.

Why should you pay for a temp license? Just give a printout and stamp it. Dealer can verify using the website if the license was indeed issued or not or at worst could call CFR.
    Exactly what im thinking. The saps website is available to verify the license... so why do some dealers insist on the card?

User

Default Collecting guns on SAPS printout.

Because it’s a workable solution. You don’t get a printout when you pass your drivers license and have to wait for your card so this could be treated the same way. You can however pay for a temp license while you wait for the card.

At the moment you are getting nothing anyway but hey let’s shoot down any suggestion that may work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast