Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Collecting guns on SAPS printout.

David is right the only way to get this government to do anything is if they can get more public money. They are not likely to lift a finger unless they benefit from the deal… it’s wrong but it will only change…. Well you know the rest!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    I have said this many times, they should do a temp license similar to what you get for your drivers license. Printed at station level (this is already done for S21 anyway). I know all recipients will gladly pay the fee for a temp license anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ Davidc, Yes! Where do I pay?

User

I have said this many times, they should do a temp license similar to what you get for your drivers license. Printed at station level (this is already done for S21 anyway). I know all recipients will gladly pay the fee for a temp license anyway.

This could save me 3 months on storage fees. Where do I sign up.
    Really ridiculous to have to wait close on 3 months now for a card, regardless of who is at fault.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This could save me 3 months on storage fees. Where do I sign up.
    Really ridiculous to have to wait close on 3 months now for a card, regardless of who is at fault.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They don't want to do us any favours or make it easier.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

User

Maybe GOSA can take this up when they engage with SAPS again? Sure Paul will comment at some point?

@davidc: I'm not shooting it down. But asking why add more complexity when there is a solution available. License for car is a whole different system that is setup already and enables it to work.

Saps will take forever to implement that new system. The printouts is literally just opening your profile, going to the license and printing. I know some smaller shops who have allowed friends to collect firearms.

GOSA are busy with this issue. A bit costly as per latest podcast but they are on the issue.

User

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    @davidc: I'm not shooting it down. But asking why add more complexity when there is a solution available. License for car is a whole different system that is setup already and enables it to work.

Saps will take forever to implement that new system. The printouts is literally just opening your profile, going to the license and printing. I know some smaller shops who have allowed friends to collect firearms.

GOSA are busy with this issue. A bit costly as per latest podcast but they are on the issue.
    I suspect part of the reluctance in giving print outs may be due to traceability issues? At least with a S21 there is a record. And as I mentioned it’s already on the CFR system so it should be easy enough to implement?

User

I suspect part of the reluctance in giving print outs may be due to traceability issues? At least with a S21 there is a record. And as I mentioned it’s already on the CFR system so it should be easy enough to implement?

Simple solution... DFO signs and stamps printout.

User

AFAIK fraud crept in with printouts and that is why they were stopped. People were given a printout only to find down the line that the license application was refused, but the firearm was already in the applicants possession.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    AFAIK fraud crept in with printouts and that is why they were stopped. People were given a printout only to find down the line that the license application was refused, but the firearm was already in the applicants possession.
    I don’t think a printout would be difficult to forge and getting it stamped would be just as easy.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast