Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Virgildonatifan View Post
    I really hope you didn't order from Tactical Distributors SA...
    Nope, not them.

Default Re: Why advertise/sell items not in stock?

Once happened to me on Takealot. Buying item. Then was told out of stock.
    They did refund.
    But what happened is I paid with Debit Card. So they only allocate item once payment approved or visible their side.
    So while may pmnt was still going through over night. Someone bought item with Credit Card which clears immediately.
    So now I just buy with credit card so pmnts clear immediately.

There are numerous gun shops that I could name and shame that are guilty of click baiting but I will give it a skip today seeing that even more and more so called reputable gun shops are applying this tactic and it seems as if it is rather effective and becoming the norm for some.

One particular gun shop in the East Rand and greater Kempton, Benoni and Brakpan area religiously advertises unbelievable specials on firearms particularly but when enquired about the standard reply is that "we are sold out" or "we only had the one for sale"but we could order one for you if you pay us a holding deposit.

The worst is when they promise no bullshit!!! Yeah Right!!

I recently ordered a binocular viewer from Eridanus Optics to fit my spotting scope.

I send a whatsapp to the mobile number listed to confirm stock, the message was read, and then I was blocked on whatsapp. I figured no stress, maybe jealous wife / husband or something.

Being an optimist, I ordered the item on the web site. Web site stated item was in stock.

I ordered the item. Order confirmation said item was in stock and would be dispatched in 48 hours.

I paid.

4 days later, I get an email saying they have no stock.

I ask for a refund.

Another 8 days pass, during which email is exchanged confirming branch number and account holder name, no refund yet.

The whole experience is mildly irritating, considering I didn't order the item on Amazon because I didn't want to wait 20 days to get it.
    Last edited by 414gates; 28-04-2018 at 16:46. Reason: correction

User

Sounds like Tactical Distributors . . .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3